WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The People & Culture team aims to establish ActBlue as a top employer of choice for people who are passionate about empowering small-dollar donors in our country. We attract diverse, talented employees and promote an engaging, inclusive culture where team members develop, thrive and catalyze positive change.
We seek a Human Resources Manager to help execute on key human resource functions in service of our growing organization. The HR Manager will be responsible for a wide range of critical work streams including ActBlue’s operating policies and employee relations, ensuring they work in direct support of the org’s goals to be a great place to work. The HR Manager is an integral member of ActBlue’s People & Culture team, will act as a trusted advisor to managers and staff, and will report to the HR Director.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Administer and help establish org Human Resource (HR) policies and benefits
- Research and recommend policy updates
- Generate HR policy proposals and language for HR Director review
- Consult closely with HR Director and ActBlue’s legal counsel team to ensure ActBlue policies remain in compliance with relevant federal, state and municipal policies and risk mitigation practices
- Ensure ActBlue’s benefits remain market-competitive by recommending updates
- Maintain benefit contracts and vendor relationships
Provide staff with ongoing training and materials in support of onboarding, org policies and benefits
- Work with internal stakeholders to update employee onboarding practices
- Collaborate with Talent Development, Legal and D&I teams to recommend and execute employee trainings (e.g. harassment; bias)
- Recommend ways to keep employees in-the-know about ActBlue’s benefits offerings (e.g. lunch and learn opportunities, staff meeting updates)
- Develop and deliver trainings on ActBlue policies
Execute on key HR processes and employee experiences
- Oversee employee relations and provide consultation, facilitation & resolution strategies for workplace issues, grievances and disputes
- Lead managers through complex performance-related issues and provide recommendations and strategies. Manage Performance Improvement Plans from start to finish
- Manage and serve as single point of authority (SPOA) on ActBlue’s HRIS (UKG Pro) & all related internal and external information requests. Approve actions in UKG Pro
- Own changes in HRIS modules and functionality (e.g. system upgrades)
- Administer leave processes, including FMLA, ADA, parental leave, etc
- In compliance with ADA, assist in the determination & implementation of reasonable accommodations requests
- Manage HR tasks in response to COVID-19
- Conduct exit interviews for departing employees
- Establish paper-free personnel filing system
- Potential to manage 1-2 HR direct reports in the future
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- You are committed to ActBlue’s mission
- You are motivated to be part of a new team within a fast-paced, growing organization
- You bring 5-8 years of work experience executing HR processes, with evidence of increased scope/responsibilities over time. Preferred but not required: prior work experience in a scaling or mid-sized organization.
- You are skilled at navigating complex people and HR situations & demonstrate the ability to listen, learn, and drive to solutions with others
- You bring a record of strong judgment and discretion in advising others and handling sensitive information
- Preferred: 1-2 years of people management experience
- Preferred: SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR certification
- Preferred: Previous experience working with an employee union
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary range: $86,000 – $108,000
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.