Edquity seeks an Implementation Manager, State and Municipal Partnerships to help support the onboarding and success of government partners. The Implementation Manager will steward the relationship and ongoing success of the Edquity’s government partners throughout every step of the partner journey post-contract execution, providing high quality support tailored to new and existing partners’ specific goals. This individual will work closely with Edquity’s product, engineering, data science, and operations teams to represent a seamless rollout and integration of technical systems where appropriate, and will lead strong problem solving efforts around custom issues related to data migration, program design, compliance, and the like. The Implementation Manager will also use data to analyze and develop insights regarding strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and risks specific to each partner with a constant focus on activating opportunities, alleviating risks, and ultimately driving partner retention and/or maximizing contract value. Edquity is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color.
- Facilitate the timely and successful delivery of our product solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Facilitate an organized customer journey to onboard new partners while developing elite relationships with partner counterparts
- Design and lead project plans for ensuring data migrations and technical customizations are conducted with maximum efficiency, minimum cost, and in a manner that demonstrates creative problem solving
- Serve as a programmatic and contextual expert around municipal and state public benefits, the local political climate, and relevant programmatic compliance requires
- Lead training for relevant partner administrators to ensure comfort with and fluency around Edquity’s government product offerings
- Proactively investigate risks and challenges to propose solutions to partners
- Develop and present reports on partnership progress for both internal stakeholders and partners themselves, with a constant focus on maximizing outcomes for low-income Americans and activating opportunities, alleviating risks, and ultimately driving partner retention and/or maximizing contract value.
- Identify, document, prioritize, and internally communicate perceived gaps in Edquity’s products and services to inform broader product roadmap and how we better serve low-income Americans and the governments who serve them
- Product or Project Management experience, with government context preferred
- Ability to translate technical concepts and database challenges into elegant solutions
- An understanding of and passion for our product and the problems it works to solve for low-income Americans navigating poverty
- Ability to rapidly ingest and process complex information in a changing environment, particularly as it pertains to compliance requirements
- Track record of thoughtful verbal and written communication with users and clients
- Strong organizational skills
- A high level of empathy
- A high level of attention to detail
- Experience with data analysis methods and tools like SQL and R a plus
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology focused on redesigning the safety net to provide cash for all Americans in need. Edquity does this in higher education, where we streamline access to emergency aid for college students, and in partnership with state and municipal government, where we create a fast and equitable infrastructure to administer cash benefits to the individuals who need it most. Our methodology harnesses the collective power of sociology, behavioral science, and technology to address common pitfalls, including racial bias, inefficiency, compliance risk, and lack of transparency and monitoring. To date, Edquity has administered over $100 million in government funding to more than 100,000 recipients and has demonstrated that we improve key societal outcomes, such as graduation rate, by as much as 2x. The organization has raised over $8M in funding and is scaling rapidly to administer hundreds of millions in emergency cash assistance to students and low-income Americans in need.
- Fully Paid Health insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- 15 days of vacation per year
- Unlimited sick and mental health days
- 11 paid company holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for equity in company
- Many others!
Edquity is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color. Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.