As an Inbound Sales Development Representative, your mission is to engage with top-of funnel prospects who are interested in Guru. You will be the first point of contact helping our future customers understand the value and use cases of our product, select the right plan for their needs, and set up qualified meetings for our sales team. You are the glue between our demand generation team and our sales organization – customer obsessed and results oriented.
This job is not only about how well you support those interested in Guru; it’s also about how you lend your positivity and presence – and live Guru’s core values – to represent the Guru brand, create a great first impression, and build momentum for our entire company.
Are you the talented inbound rep we are looking for to help us accelerate our growth?
- Field general questions from prospects visiting Guru’s website
- Teach inbound prospects how Guru can add value to their workflows and drive desired business outcomes for their teams
- Guide future users through the account selection process and ensure they are selecting the appropriate plan for their needs
- Answer high-level questions about our pricing plans and packaging
- Follow up with warm, high-intent prospects over email to schedule conversations for our Account Executive team
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Articulate and position the Guru message to every prospect
- Results-driven with a strong determination to engage prospects via a high volume of website chats and inbound emails
- Process-driven and are excited to follow a playbook to delight our prospects
- Demonstrate empathy for customers’ needs and questions; you are buyer-centric
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesize information
- Able to think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions with ease
- Are curious, creative and are a self-driven learner
- Ask great questions and are willing to ask follow up questions of prospects to better understand how to support the prospect
- Polished verbal and written communicator
- Have superb organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Can be assertive, persistent and persuasive without being aggressive
- Remain resilient in the face of objections and setbacks; are coachable
- 1+ more years experience in a fast-paced entry level role OR a driven and eager-to-learn new grad who thrives in fast paced, constantly-changing environment
- Regularly met & exceeded quota/goals in your previous role(s)
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.