It’s an exciting time to join Eventbrite! We’re embarking on a journey to make our platform even more powerful and intuitive for our most valuable creators. As Eventbrite focuses on expanding its product offerings, ongoing process improvement, cross-functional planning and compliance with various indirect tax laws are all continuing to grow in importance. The Tax team partners closely with leadership and many teams across the business to provide accurate, insightful, and actionable guidance for decision-making. This partnership is more important now than ever, as we help guide the business through this critical phase.
The Tax team is heavily involved in the operations of the business. As a key partner to the business, we are involved at the front end on plans for new products and are closely integrated with the other functions in the organization. As a results-driven and action-oriented team, we strive to give structure to complicated issues by thinking creatively to find solutions that balance the needs of the business and our commitment to compliance. Our team works cross-functionally and collaboratively, manages multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment and is continuously building and improving processes to maximize efficiency and scalability.
If you are interested in becoming a valuable member of a dynamic technology company embarking on, arguably, its most exciting year yet, this may be the role for you. We are looking for an energetic and highly motivated Indirect Tax Manager to join our tax team and oversee all indirect taxes globally. You will work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and data analysts (to name a few) across other business units.
- Work with the global product and engineering teams to strategize, build, test, and expand new/existing tax product developments
- Support the ongoing tax products maintenance and enhancements including tax content expansion
- Provide end-to-end transaction tax calculation requirements supporting tax product initiatives
- Monitor developments of indirect tax policies globally
- Analyze current and proposed tax policy changes, evaluate tax product impacts, and develop and execute plans accordingly.
- Work with outside providers on technical issues and compliance matters related to our product offerings, new legislation and court decisions
- Manage ongoing indirect tax processes and technology, including quarterly/annual financial statement reporting and forecasting
- Manage indirect tax compliance, audits, and controversies globally
- Serve as a subject matter expert supporting various teams including Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Customer Experience
The Skill Set
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant public accounting or industry indirect tax experience
- Experience partnering closely with product and engineering teams
- Experience managing outside service providers effectively and on various projects
- Strong technical tax background that enables you to evaluate, develop, and lead the implementation of tax strategies
- Possess a personal drive and desire to go above and beyond to solve business problems and implement process improvements
- Self-starter and problem solver with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to convey complex tax topics in a non-technical manner
- Positive attitude, team-oriented and enthusiasm for Eventbrite
- Sense of humor
- Experience with Workday Financial Management
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Superset and TableauStart-up or technology company experience
- Public company experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.