The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at Bounteous, it’s to add to our interpersonal dynamics and choose the right person to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams. Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
As the Industry Strategy Lead, Health, you will share our passion for innovation in health and the role that digital plays in defining the future of healthcare access and delivery. You will partner with a diverse ecosystem of sales (growth), customer success (client service), and practice teams to bolster our value proposition and enable a coordinated go-to-market strategy. You will also engage with senior executives as an ambassador for our industry vision. This high-visibility role reports to the Managing Director of our Health+ Business Unit.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and own the Health industry strategy plan; build a vision and compelling positioning that resonates with executives
- Partner with service lines to realize the operation of the industry strategy
- Support Managing Director in planning, directing, managing and coordinating day-to-day business activities and strategy-related projects (agendas, briefings, and wider materials for internal meetings and major client events)
- Serve as a key contributor to developing Bounteous’ perspective on customer experience in Health; collaborate with digital strategists, technologists, data scientists, and other specialists to craft a powerful point-of-view
- Identify and develop an ecosystem of data providers and industry-specific technology partnerships to solve for a broader set of industry challenges
- Monitor the performance of the overall Health business and drive long-term growth by coordinating our strategy across Bounteous functions and partners; oversee strategic projects
- Drive and manage the development of key industry thought leadership; present our industry point-of-view to senior customers and prospects in account meetings, customer roundtables, conferences, and industry events
- Develop a strong network of relationships with key stakeholders across Bounteous (service lines, client accounts, sector, wider business support teams)
- Typical activities include convening the industry ecosystem (community of practice) on a regular basis, working with sales leaders on go-to-market planning, helping marketing teams with industry messaging, enabling the field on how to present our Health point-of-view, and aligning with partners on delivery of industry propositions
- Success in this role will be measured by driving growth in Bounteous’ Health vertical by helping set the vision for experience-led digital transformation in Health and by positioning Bounteous as a key strategic partner in this process
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the United States health industry; experience and credibility with digital initiatives (payers and/or providers required, pharmaceutical or healthtech a plus), either client-side or as a trusted advisor
- 8+ years of relevant experience with leading IT companies, agencies and/or management consultancies in a business strategy or digital strategy role
- Experience driving digital transformation initiatives as part of an enterprise CX strategy; proven understanding of the technologies and tactics needed to operationalize them
- Experience directing development of a business case for investment including ROI, roadmap, and KPIs
- Understanding of and experience with effective use of data (collection, integration, segmentation, activation, and compliance requirements) in the health industry
- Digitally-savvy and informed on innovations, trends and technologies in the digital space; expert understanding of the best approach to implement new strategies that impact outcomes and drive digital transformations
- Excellent business acumen; proven ability to think strategically about business, customer experience, and technical challenges; an entrepreneurial approach to finding new growth levers for the business
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills a must, including interest in authoring thought-provoking points-of-view and conducting customer and market research
- Experience facilitating workshops and driving collaborative work sessions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including talent for conducting research, analyzing data, developing hypotheses, and synthesizing recommendations
- Outstanding executive presence and presentation skills; the ability to inspire, engage, partner with, and influence senior leadership
- Highly collaborative with ability to lead through influence in a matrixed environment
- Self-driven, ability to work independently, define a way forward, and solve problems with little to no direction; capacity to deal with high levels of ambiguity and organizational complexity
- A strong sense of urgency and flexibility; ability to work under pressure; demonstrate determination and persistence
- Strong team-building skills, people management experience a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent consulting agency experience preferred
- Master’s or PHD degree a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50%. To ensure the safety of all our team members, Bounteous requires that all team members who enter our physical Collaboration Centers be fully vaccinated, unless medically or religiously exempt
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.