Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in The Americas, Europe, Africa or the Middle East. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Hotjar’s Security Team sits within our Compliance Division and is responsible for the oversight, guidance and business enablement of security aspects within the Hotjar product, its team and customers.
Working within Hotjar’s growing Security Team, you’ll be a passionate generalist with information security expertise, focused on helping us build our security program and carrying out third party vendor security assessments. You’ll also work closely with our Sales Team to ensure that Hotjar’s customers get a good understanding of Hotjar’s security posture and how Hotjar operates in a secure remote environment by ensuring that our customers and leads get their security questions answered.
- Enable business solutions while maturing Hotjar’s security posture;
- Work with the Security Team to plan and implement security improvements at Hotjar;
- Help our customers understand Hotjar’s security framework by assisting Hotjar’s Sales and Support teams with technical questions and filling in security questionnaires;
- Collaborate with Hotjar’s Legal, Privacy, Sales and Support teams to ensure accurate customer communication and knowledge sharing;
- Carry out third party vendor security assessments using your broad knowledge of information security issues and risks;
- Be a security champion across the whole Hotjar organization.
- Experience in security-relevant positions and security technologies;
- Experience with security requests/questionnaires and in identifying security issues;
- Experience in creating and implementing processes;
- Excels at collaborating across different teams and managing expectations;
- A willingness to get stuff done in an enthusiastic, proactive, and resourceful manner;
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working;
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €70,000 annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €55,000 to €65,000.
Hotjar compensation approach
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.