Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
About the role:
Part of the Legal & Compliance function at Billie and reporting directly to our CISO, you will be our key player when it comes to fostering Billie’s compliance with applicable regulatory requirements in the area of Information Security. A strong focus of the role will be controls, frameworks, policies, and procedures, as well as processes to mitigate risk and deal with threats, as a consequence. A large part of the role involves improving Billie’s control landscape.
In more details, you will:
- Conduct assessments of information security controls, frameworks, and processes, taking into account industry best practices, standards, and regulations
- Participate in the design, development, implementation as well as regular assessment/ review of controls, frameworks and processes
- Play a pivotal role in ensuring Billie’s compliance with regulatory requirements with regards to MaRisk, BAIT, and ZAIT.
- Work closely with the CISO as well as the CTO and Senior Management in the further development of Billie’s Information Security Management System
- Support in the preparation for and during the execution of internal and external audits and work hand in hand with governance stakeholder representatives to ensure controls are fit for purpose, agreed and ratified.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of Billie’s products, structure and philosophy as well as perform workshop services, policies, procedures, philosophy, and organizational structure as well as IT infrastructure and utilized IT systems.
- Preparation and performance of internal trainings, presentations, and workshops on Information Security.
Who we are looking for:
- You have sound knowledge in the field of Information Security Management and experience in working with Information Security Governance, Risk and Control related topics and/or frameworks (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, ITIL, SOC2, BSI Grundschutz)
- You have ideally gained experience in the Financial Services, Banking industry, or Fintech
- You have European market experience
- You also have a strong enthusiasm for Identity and Access Management, and risk management topics
- You demonstrated excellent analytical skills including proficiency in SQL, and are able to balance qualitative and quantitative insights to make the right business decisions
- You have a strong affinity for technology and a keen interest in the Software Development Lifecycle and continuous process improvements
- You are self-driven and have a flexible mindset which allows you to work both independently and in multicultural teams.
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Billie is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in our workplace. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost motivation and team creativity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, gender, political views, beliefs, sexual orientation, color, disability status, or any other demographic factors.