We are a very profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup — a small and mighty team of 150 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 10 million people enroll in health coverage. We’re a mission-driven team who advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively affect hundreds of thousands of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on Information Security Officer to develop and implement our security programs that comply with relevant regulations and frameworks. You will report to the Director of Engineering, and you’ll partner with team mates across the company, including Engineering, Operations, and Legal, to ensure we operate in a safe, secure, and compliant manner.
- Direct HealthSherpa’s information security program, coordinating with both internal and external partners to maintain web application security and ongoing compliance
- Assess risks to HealthSherpa’s data and platform; recommend, document, and maintain programs to address those risks
- Validate, communicate, track, and work with appropriate team members in Engineering to ensure remediation of security vulnerabilities, reported or identified through audits and scans
- Work with Engineering leadership to support management of security domains (change management, configuration management, SDLC practices, CI/CD toolset, etc.) concerning HealthSherpa’s software development processes and application platform technology stacks
- Collaborate with partners in Product, Legal and Company Operations to ensure we are building secure web applications that preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our systems
- 5+ years of experience implementing information security programs at a startup or in comparable contexts
- Experience with secure SaaS administration and configuration
- Experience with IT and network administration
- Knowledge of securing cloud software deployments and architectures
- Experience tracking findings and coordinating with partners to implement solutions
- One or more industry-recognized certifications (e.g., ITIL, CISSP, CISA) preferred
What We Offer:
- Remote-first company with a home office budget
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Additional benefits, including a monthly grocery and internet stipend, 401K w/ a match after grace period, employee assistance program, disability insurance, and parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation, plus additional holidays
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Employees may, among other things, be required to undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts, and as a prerequisite to employment candidates may be asked to consent to a due diligence/background investigation. As a condition to hiring and continued employment, we require all employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. #LI-Remote