Projects you’ll work on
- The next-generation interface for empowering scientists with Citrine’s AI, guiding experimental design to accelerate discovery and lead to research breakthroughs.
- A system for sharing and managing materials data across an enterprise’s researchers, with the goal of fostering collaboration between scientists, reducing experimental waste, and aiding in the management of R&D projects.
- Complex analysis & visualizations that allow our users to gain deeper insights into their data.
What you’ll do
- Build infrastructure to facilitate service delivery, ensure strict data security and confidentiality, and aid the delivery and operation of high-performance web services.
- Develop tools that help developers deploy and support platform services in production.
- Review code from your peers.
- Help developers test & analyze the impact and performance of the platform.
- Scala, Python
- PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Compute Services (EC2, ECS, Fargate, Batch, Lambda)
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience writing production software in a team environment
- 2+ years of experience as a site reliability engineer or infrastructure engineer supporting production services in AWS
- 1 year of remote engineering experience, if remote
- Excellent Linux fundamentals
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, or equivalent industry experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Production experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Production experience building infrastructure as code and automating infrastructure provisioning steps using tools such as Terraform & CloudFormation
- Familiarity with Docker and container clustering technologies like AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems, both open source and commercial
- Strong understanding of networking and security