Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in the Americas (UTC-7 to UTC-3 / PST or EST specifically). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Reporting to the Sales Lead, we’re looking for creative, curious, and driven sales professionals to join our team and help more SMBs and mid-market businesses build better experiences for their users while growing their business.
If you have experience selling to inbound prospects and you enjoy working in a hyper-growth environment, this is a rare opportunity to join an early-stage, customer-centered, and 100% distributed team. You will manage a pipeline of inbound leads, whether that’s reactively offering your time and expertise or reaching out to prospects to guide them through their purchasing process.
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities at different stages in the sales funnel.
- Understand the needs and challenges of prospective customers by taking a consultative approach to selling.
- Conduct consultative calls and present webinars for prospects.
- Assist prospects with the procurement process in particular with their legal and security requirements.
- Work with technical members of the Hotjar team to ensure consistency, clarity, and accuracy in all recommendations provided to current and prospective customers.
- Communicate prospective customer needs to product managers and product teams to close the feedback loop.
- Help refine the self-service experience for leads that fall outside of the sales touch.
- 2+ years of sales experience, ideally SaaS and quota-carrying.
- You are technically minded. You can develop a deep knowledge of how Hotjar works, allowing you to speak clearly to customers and communicate their needs to our team.
- You are experienced with taking sales calls, diligently following up, and closing deals.
- Enthusiasm to adapt, learn via coaching, and contribute to an evolving sales team’s strategy.
- Experience with Salesforce or an equivalent tool.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is $67,000 to $77,000 USD annually + 40% OTE.
Hotjar compensation approach
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.