Job Description – Integrated Analytics (High-Leverage Revenue) Senior Analyst/Manager
We’re a passionate and fun group of people working hard to solve a tough problem for millions of entrepreneurs. For many small businesses, keeping up to date on their books means trading off time spent actually running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of our clients’ hands. We’ve paired sleek, user-friendly software with a team of bookkeepers to provide monthly bookkeeping at an incredibly accessible price, giving entrepreneurs the time and confidence to run the businesses they love.
Bench is post-Series C, capitalized by a team of Silicon Valley and New York investors. We’re scaling fast and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. In just a few short years, we’ve grown from four co-founders to over 600 Benchmates. It’s been quite a ride so far and we’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible leg of our journey.
What’s in store for my role as the Sr. Analyst for Integrated analytics?
You’re ready to explore the deep-end, helping drive insights and actions across market and client-facing teams. You’re comfortable with a high-impact and broad scope, building out from a focus on Sales and revenue opportunities and efficiency. You’ll work with senior leaders across the business helping make decisions to optimize lead channels, improve integrated forecasts for team capacity, leverage pricing in our client mission, and generally support high-margin data product experiments. You help diagnose problems and identify opportunities, but more importantly help the company tackle them head-on. You’ll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that’s changing what’s possible in the industry. Are you up for the challenge?
Amongst other areas of strategic analysis and decisions, one of the functions you will be owning is our integrated analytics and pricing strategy as Bench continues to dynamically deliver and support new and existing clients with new services and value. You’ll be working closely with revenue and Finance-focused analysts understanding margin implications and trends, but also working with other teams to support automation on the back of analytics, data visualisation, and generally driving insightful analytical insights throughout Bench’s revenue systems. You’ll be a senior analyst or manager within an all-star team, bringing together intelligence from multiple sources, understanding the interconnections in our data that tell Bench about revenues, client experience and retention, and even where to embed our analytics and data products in these processes. This requires an aptitude for numbers, understanding the details of each data source and data available, and an ability to spot and adapt to trends at the drop of a hat. You will be a critical player in ensuring Bench delivers the most successful and efficient bookkeeping service in the world.
If you’d like to apply your analyst expertise to a dynamic, high-growth environment, this role may be exactly what you’re looking for. Reporting to our Business Analytics Manager, you will have the opportunity to hone your skill set with the support of a high-performing, collaborative team.
Here are some of the things you’ll get to work on:
- Pricing analysis – You’ll be the star of understanding the impact of pricing changes, legacy client upgrades and simplification, and sensitivity within our existing business and around new products and services.
- You’ll own the integrated analytics of pricing impacts and be able wrangle and navigate the significant business impacts and roll-out of pricing adjustments as well as experiments
- Planning and forecasting capacity, conversion, and client generation
- Lead generation in our ‘top of funnel’ teams can be hard to predict and needs to be increasingly targeted to support sales conversion. You’ll need to translate forecasts and commitments in those teams into expectations around lead-volume served and closed in Sales. You’ll be optimizing and driving confidence into the ratio of leads to sales reps, which is the top driver of conversions in Sales.
- We need to deeply understand the conversion in sales, both from lead to trial, and also from trial to client. You’ll develop tools to report on, and interpret how we’re doing in conversion. Using these tools and insights you will develop and communicate strong opinions about our cash targets in sales.
- High-leverage revenue opportunities – New data-product experimentation, modeling, as well as design and analysis, you’ll be at the forefront of exciting opportunities to accelerate Bench’s client value
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting, finance, consulting, strategy, business intelligence or related fields
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science, or other quantitative fields
- Experience translating complex business problems into clear drivers and structured models
- Excellent Excel / Google Sheets skills and experience with BI tools and SQL (Tableau experience a plus)
- Exceptional analytical skills and intuition
- Comfort working with quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience communicating recommendations effectively to senior leadership
- Sales experience a bonus as well as a fun-loving approach to collaboration
You’re a great fit if you have:
- A nose for value: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important
- Appreciation for systems: You can connect the dots and figure out the best solution for Bench, not just the stakeholders you’re working with
- Data product understanding: How data packages and bundles create value within the business, for clients, and partners, including in new experimentation
- Intellectual curiosity: It’s not enough for you to know the what – you want to know the why. You are energized by challenging problems, and are persistent/ resourceful in your efforts to solve them
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision. In addition, all Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.