Guusto is on a mission to rid the world of bad workplace culture!
We help HR leaders build employee recognition programs, so their people feel appreciated, engaged and inspired.
We are on an exciting trajectory, having seen over 300% growth in 2020 and are now the #1 highest rated recognition and rewards platform on G2 with 1000+ 5 star reviews. We power programs for thousands of clients like Levi’s, Harvard, Raptors, Fairmont and more.
As a member of our Finance team, you can expect to work with some amazingly talented people invested in your growth and development. As our Intermediate Accountant, you will be a key piece of the finance team to establish best practices and processes, support our controller and mentor our Jr accountant.
Salary: $60,000 – $75,000
Job Type: FT
- Health and Mental Wellness Benefits
- Employee Health and Wellness Spending Account
- Annual Home Office Budget
- Annual Learning & Development Budget
- Team Recognition Budget
- Unlimited Vacation & Personal Leave (2 Weeks minimum)
- Company Laptop
- Amazing team to work with
In your first 3 months, you will…
- Meeting with other key stakeholders, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and HR
- Learning our current processes and which areas need to be corrected and addressed
- Working closely with the Controller to devise future strategies and plans
- Become familiar with Netsuite and how we are tracking current revenue and expenses
- Assist the Jr Accountant with AR/AP and other administrative tasks
In your first 12 months, you will…
- Own and manage all GST/HST recording, including invoices, expense reporting, and GST returns
- You will manage the deferred revenue schedule and corresponding reporting
- You will review all AR/AP transactions
- Continuously review bank reconciliations, month-end adjustments including prepaid expenses
- Assist the Controller with our year-end close, including building out financial statements, cash flow analysis, note disclosures and preparing for a 3rd party audit.
- Be mentoring and training new and current team members on the Finance team
- Working with the CS, Sales, and Marketing teams to provide financial data to help with their initiatives and strategies
- Help calculate various SaaS metrics
- Manage foreign currency exchange
- Assist the Controller with forecasting and departmental budgeting
As a collaborative and small team, we are looking for someone who is looking to own key pieces of the finance function at Guusto and is excited about building new processes from scratch. You will be collaborating and working with teams across the organization to help better forecast our growth. This role has a lot of room for growth and advancement as we continue to build out the Finance team and expand our business.
What to expect
- Application: your profile will be reviewed within 72 hours, and you’ll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!). We aim to respond to every applicant within five business days.
- Zoom Interview: a 30-minute call with Julia (People & Culture Coordinator) to discuss your background, Guusto, the role, and answer your questions about Guusto
- Panel Interview: a 60-minute call with Mikaela (Controller) and Emma (Customer Success Manager) to discuss your technical skills
- Final Interview: a 60-minute call with Skai (Cofounder) and Gurleen (Accounting Manager) to discuss collaboration with various teams and how you will work with the rest of the Finance team.
- Reference & Background Check: At this point, we will ask for some references to call and will send over a background check as part of our due diligence.
- Offer: Ideally, this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
Additional Application Information
We are a remote-first organization with employees in multiple cities and provinces and accept applications from anyone able to work in Canada. If you are located in the Vancouver area, you are welcome to use our main office at 1155 W Pender St.