Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Internal Audit (IA) provides assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that Etsy’s businesses are well run and meeting strategic, operational and risk management goals.
We are searching for an IA Technology Senior Auditor who will engage with all Etsy teams, including senior leadership, to evaluate risk in product development, and technology processes; you will collaborate closely with Etsy’s Engineering teams, and other teams (Operations, Finance, Legal, Marketing, International, etc.) to enhance and strengthen the overall technology environment at Etsy.
This role reports to the Internal Audit, Technology Audit Senior Manager; we offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to Etsy’s Brooklyn office location 2-3 times per week.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate and support the Sr. Manager in performing internal audit activities related to Etsy’s tech environment and completion of the annual audit plan
- Build relationships across the company, especially within Engineering, to help identify emerging internal and external risks
- Support annual & continuous risk assessment activities
- Plan, scope and execute technology & integrated audits; including reviews of new and enhanced products and services, and process changes
- Understand programming structures and complex technology flows/processes, and their impact on downstream reporting and metrics
- Analyze the design of security-related processes; and the availability & performance of applications, infrastructure, and web operations environments
- Design and execute tests around technology processes, including data analysis
- Report gaps and other improvements to management; use data to support pragmatic remediation suggestions
- Collaborate within the rest of the IA team to develop audit templates, standards and guidelines
- Prepare clear, high quality audit work papers to document procedures performed and conclusions reached
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
- Minimum of 3 years of Internal Audit experience in a public accounting or consulting practice, and/or a fast-growing company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or related field
- Certified CISA, CISSP or CISM preferred
- Experience working alongside engineering teams and are familiar with general engineering concepts (e.g., PHP, web development, app development, database querying)
- Possess IT auditing/consulting experience combined with a good knowledge of technology process/architecture, and process & product design evaluation
- Strong knowledge of technology audit principles and identifying/presenting exceptions
- Familiar with/have technical knowledge of technology systems
- Familiar with audit data analytics tools and techniques (e.g., ACL, Tableau, SQL queries, Python)
- Possess understanding of technology risks and the ability to evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of risk mitigation
- Have excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills
- Have an understanding and working experience of relevant frameworks e.g., COBIT, NIST, IIA
- Ability to effectively develop and maintain strong working relationships and interface with all levels of the company
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you?ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don?t want you to be like everyone else ? we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you?re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.