Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action.
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an International Expansion Manager – EMEA.
As a dynamic, engaging and energetic professional, the International Expansion Manager will contribute to all the struggles that a quickly-growing startup has. Primarily:
- Lead the execution and roll-out of Remote’s international expansion footprint for a group of EMEA countries
- Oversee and execute on the day-to-day operations of setting up Remote’s infrastructure in new jurisdictions
- Manage and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom line performance and speed in the region
- Build, coach and lead a high-performance team aligned to Remote’s values
- Manage highly collaborative engagements with external service providers and internal stakeholders that will guarantee the success of EMEA operations
- Go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
In your role, you will make a direct impact in Remote’s global operations and its international expansion. Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are working on next.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in leading international expansion, entity creation, new market entry, project management, corporate legal, or paralegal mandates in global work environments
- Productivity geek who constantly thinks of ways to solve for speed, quality and compliance.
- Good at documentation and knowledge management
- Keen interest in strong documentation and asynchronous working
- Desire in making a difference in the remote employment space.
- Highly creative and demonstrates good problem-solving skills compliantly
- Strong team player with ability to anticipate, work independently and demonstrate ownership
- Familiar with tools such as Asana, Notion, Slack, MS Excel or Google Sheets is a plus
- Having familiarity with a remote, hyper-growth start-up culture is a plus
- Has strong numeric and reporting skills, and able to communicate complex ideas simply, especially legal topics
- Writes and speaks fluent English. Additional languages are a bonus for the EMEA region
- Having experience working remotely is considered a plus
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: International Expansion Lead
- Team: International Expansion
- Location: EMEA
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with a senior colleague
- Interview with Director of International Expansion
- Interview with VP of Operations
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!