About the job
Does the thought of working in a fast-paced startup environment where you will continually grow as the company grows excite you? Are you an experienced iOS developer looking for an opportunity to be key member in building applications?
If you bursted out with “yes” then we would be excited to have you join our team of math nerd strategists, user flow obsessed designers, result-driven developers and epic storytelling marketers. We’re an entrepreneurial team that values doers, people who think outside the box, and are not afraid to experiment.
String and Key is a research and development studio that is building digital platforms that will change the way people manage and protect their money. The first business we built is Wyshbox, which is a whole new way to talk about and sell life insurance to a younger audience. Customers build their own personalized policies around their “Wyshes” — the things that they want to have happen, if anything happens to to them. From sending their kids to college to shooting their ashes into space – this isn’t your traditional insurance. It’s 100% online on the web, iOS, or android. No agents and no hassles.
- Deliver thoughtfully designed and flexible code for our iOS applications
- Work closely with design and platform teams to implement features to spec with deep case coverage
- Triage and implement fixes for software bugs and defects
- Create and maintain automated tests when writing or editing application code
- This is not a supervisory role, though senior-level hires are encouraged to participate in mentorship activities with less experienced members of the team.
- 3+ years of professional iOS development experience
- Significant experience with Swift
- Strong understanding of the iOS development ecosystem
- Strong experience working with external APIs (GraphQL a plus)
Tools and Buzzwords
- SwiftLint, SwiftFormat
- Flextime Options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Summer Fridays
- Paid Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen
- Quarterly Culture Club Events
- 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Reimbursement Stipend
- Transit / Parking Stipend
- Full Employee Medical Coverage
- 4% Match 401(k)
Exact compensation range is determined based on your region, years of experience, and specific skillset using aggregate market data from PayScale.
We are a tight knit, rapidly growing team who love what we do and take work-life balance and professional development as seriously as our products. If you are someone who takes ownership of your projects and thrives in a fast paced environment, let’s chat!
String and Key is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.