Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is on the hunt for an experienced iOS Developer to join our team. As contributing members of our Development team, iOS developers are responsible for the design and implementation of Lightspeed’s award-winning iOS applications.
Our development teams incorporate strong software design, usability skills, multiple levels of testing, and have a passion for technology to solve real-world business problems for retailers around the globe.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
For this role, you can be located in Canada ,+1/-1h time zone difference from EST.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and fully-tested production-grade software
- Design and implement stunning user interfaces
- Assisting QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- Translating agile requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Providing estimates for development effort
- Be an authoritative voice in code reviews
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including product managers, design and other developers to define, design and release new features that people want to use everyday.
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 7 people spread across multiple locations in Canada.
We’re looking for a Software Developer who has experience with the following:
- Experience developing and shipping production-grade software in Swift or Objective-C for iOS or macOS
- Proven track record developing enticing user interfaces
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming and refactoring
- Knowledge of the Cocoa framework
- Knowledge of Swift language
- Knowledge of Apple UI conventions
- Experience integrating with REST web services
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role… hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Demonstrated experience using test-driven development
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience with Objective-C
- Experience with Core Data
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Reactive Programming including Combine
- A keen interest in API design
- Knowledge of Core Animation
- Experience with Fastlane
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of Ruby
What’s in it for you:
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.