Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $103,600 – $125,500
As an IT Coordinator at Merit, you will provide technical support for Merit employees remotely and occasionally in person. You will be responsible for managing a ticket queue and finding fixes, workarounds, and final solutions by troubleshooting issues while providing exemplary customer service. Must be technically capable and a self-starter with strong organizational and customer service skills. As a fully remote company with products actively in use in emergency situations, our IT department supports diverse needs and is a critical component to our success. We are looking for a dynamic team member who is enthusiastic to build creative solutions and collaborate in the evolution of a rapidly growing company.
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Respond to tickets in accordance with SLA guidelines
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process including actions taken through to the final resolution
- Respond in a timely manner to requests and issues
- Repair and replace equipment as needed
- Provide onsite and remote support to end users
- Assist in AV setups as needed for meetings
- Assist new hire training for basic IT needs
- Set up new workstations for users (deploying equipment, checking over account setups)
- Heavy use of Windows and Mac OS devices
- Azure Active Directory
- Google Workspace
- JIRA Service Manager
- Test new technology
- Create documentation for staff for training purposes
- Resolve Tier 1 support tickets
- 2+ years of IT support experience
- A+ and Net+ Certification or equivalent required
- Up-to-date Azure, Google, and OKTA certifications
- Experience with the following: Slack, Jira, Jamf, Azure, Google, Okta
- Availability for on-call shifts on a rotating schedule including weekends
- Availability to occasionally travel to support Merit distribution centers and deployments in the field
- Located in Pacific Time Zone
Desired Attributes and Experience
- Excellent customer service mentality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of computers, networks, and software
- Experience using Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Docs
- High attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when needed
- Ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technology and software