Timescale is building the world’s next great database company on top of industry-standard PostgreSQL and we need your help! We are hiring an IT manager to help build our internal IT systems for the future. This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering. TimescaleDB is our open source Postgres extension that enables SQL to be scalable for time series data, providing automatic partitioning across time and space as well as full SQL support.
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT and back office systems, primarily in the cloud but also for staff workstations
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions that work within our culture of openness and transparency
- Assess vendors for SaaS and other required services
- Manage internal SaaS tools, including GSuite, Zoom, Salesforce, GitHub and others
- Manage, track and deploy all IT assets including laptops, and other essential technology tools our people need to be happy and productive
- Manage company networking assets including DNS and other key services
- Hiring additional IT staff as needed
- Demonstrated ability to operate an IT function in a fast-paced, growth-focused startup environment
- Sensitive to the culture of the company and willing to think creatively about how to solve IT issues with minimal disruption
- Experience working with AWS
- Cross-operating system administration skills (Windows, Linux, OSX)
- Strong customer focus – ability to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Experience implementing compliance projects including ISO 27001, SOC2 and GDPR
- Ability to work with product engineering teams to prioritize and implement IT initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent, hands-on implementer. This is not just a people management position.
- Experience working in a fully-remote environment
- Experience with DBaaS, PostgreSQL, and cloud-native engineering
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visitwww.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits