We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a builder who loves establishing scalable processes that delight your team members? Do you get excited by new technologies that maintain a high level of both security and usability? Are you a natural collaborator with a knack for project management and the drive to deliver critical initiatives in a growing organization? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities, you’ll find that at Thinkific!
The IT Manager at Thinkific will be responsible for building and managing our IT function as we continue to grow our company. As part of our Operations department, the IT function will manage and administer access controls and settings for the shared systems, key business tools, and equipment that keep the business operating. You will also be responsible for the execution of our security and compliance program throughout the organization. This role will also work closely with the Data, DevOps, Information Security, Legal, and Business Operations teams to define our data and systems infrastructure and oversee its management and implementation.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee identity management and access controls (organizational SSO), working closely with the Information Security and Legal teams to ensure proper security and compliance processes are in place and perform regular checks to ensure data security
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve, update, and consolidate shared software and systems
- Lead the cross-functional delivery of technology projects, roadmap strategy, and initiatives and own the end-to-end management of these projects
- Assist various department and the Operations team with cross-functional tool purchases
- Be responsible for the implementation and integration of tools in support of teams across the business
- Develop and implement IT policies, best practice guides, and training programs for the organization
- Implement and own our company’s device management program in a distributed team environment, keeping in mind support for potential international expansion
- Manage onboarding and offboarding workflows from an IT perspective, in partnership with the People Operations team
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 3+ years of experience owning a TechOps or IT function for a technology-focused company (ideally in a SaaS or startup environment)
- Possess 3+ years of project management experience, specifically leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies operating on Mac, Windows, and Linux environments
- Have previous experience with workspace and cloud security
- Are well versed in identity and access management knowledge (SSO > Okta or Azure)
- Can demonstrate excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, and network and systems administration
- Communicate effectively and accurately, whether that’s via a Slack message, a phone call, or in your documentation of processes
- Are organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to think critically and analytically
- Consider yourself a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have experience administering Google Suite, HR tooling, CRMs (ideally Salesforce), and finance tech stacks
- Possess ERP admin experience (working with systems such as Netsuite, SAP, or Workday)
- Are familiar with SaaS companies and scaling startups—you’ve probably built systems and process from scratch and can be adaptable to change
- Know your way around databases and data storage systems
Bonus points if you:
- Have MarTech stack experience or RevOps admin experience
- Hold certification(s) as an IT technician
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!