FireHydrant is building the only reliability-focused platform. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 60 employees who sit across the United States and we’re growing. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
About the Role
The Corporate Technology team is responsible for implementing and maintaining the technologies, tools, and support systems to keep our staff successful. We are a remote-first, distributed company and our success relies on being able to work, communicate, and collaborate digitally. As the first full-time team member, you’ll get to have an impact in every area of Corporate Technology. Someone with a vision and desire to build from the ground up will thrive in this opportunity. We’re looking for an individual that starts with a customer service mindset, is able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks, and is excited to scale their efforts to match a growing organization.
You’ll be working on
- Owning software and hardware technical support for company-provided devices through Slack, email, video conference, and internal ticketing systems
- Leveraging integrations and third-party tools to automate provisioning and updating company-provided devices
- Creating a streamlined process for on-boarding and off-boarding employees to corporate technology applications and services (Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, Zoom, etc)
- Administering cloud-based identity, productivity, and security tools (we use Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Okta, and Vanta), you’ll help us find the right tool for the job.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for internal workflows and end-user support
- Iterating on, adhering to, and implementing corporate security best practices on our devices and services
- Providing training and documentation for end-user and device security
We’re looking for someone who
- Has experience in IT help desk support in a corporate or enterprise environment, particularly with a remote-friendly company
- Possesses extensive knowledge of Apple software and hardware, and wants to both learn more and share their experience with others
- Has experience with, or is interested in learning, device configuration, deployment, and maintenance tools like Kandji or JAMF
- Has experience with, or interest in learning, scripting languages like Ruby, Python, and Bash
- Is empathetic, puts customer service first, and is excited to partner with our team
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Wellness program (in every form it takes): reimbursements for your gym membership, therapy sessions, athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather as a company, depending on the safety of such gathering, but also host remote/virtual events in addition
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Figma, Notion, and Clubhouse
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- Mutual mentorship – we believe in the power of mentorship and that everyone (of all skill levels) has something to learn, and something to teach
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile based on compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage and everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The compensation for this position is $120,000, $146,000, or $175,000 depending on leveling and experience.