Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an IT Support Specialist!
Why it Matters: By leveraging your end-user focused mindset and technical skills, you will play a key role in our mission. You will work with our users to ensure they are able to use the technology at Axios, provide SaaS support, macOS Support and more. You’ll follow, create and improve documentation and playbooks to ensure a consistent end-user experience.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will make an impact on Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for users facing with technical issues or requests
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems raised by colleagues via Slack and Zoom while keeping tickets up-to-date
- Ensure new employees are set up with the technology they need, including hardware and accounts
- Contribute to IT projects and initiatives including SaaS rollouts and migrations
- Create and update documentation for end-users and technical teams
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. A user-focused mindset and the ability to ensure requests are resolved quickly and thoroughly is the target mix. The following skills and experiences are a great fit:
- Strong competency with macOS, Zendesk, Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite and common productivity tools
- Experience in an IT customer support environment
- Ability to explain technical issues in an intuitive way to non-technical end users
- Ability to adapt skills to new third-party and proprietary software
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in Agile workflows
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary for this role is in the range of $60-80K and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.