Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re centralising this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
You would be joining a small team of Senior engineers, who work cross-functionally with Product and Design to build the OmniPlatform and support our customers’ needs. We write our tests first, and know that delivering quickly requires excellent tooling and ongoing attention to the health of the codebase
Feature development, technical improvements and tooling are all first class citizens when we prioritize. Our engineers have an active voice in planning work, make smart trade-offs between short and long term value, and can demonstrate how the work they want to do will benefit our customers later.
Check out our Stackshare to learn more about our technology stack: https://stackshare.io/omnipresent/omnipresent
What will you be doing?
- Work in our React/Redux/NodeJS/Typescript codebase to develop features, APIs and build a maintainable product
- Collaborate with product managers, design, and other internal stakeholders to ensure we are building a product that solves our customer needs
- Contribute to our tooling and automation
- Work asynchronously with a distributed team, so you will be creating durable written artifacts of your work
You might be a good fit if:
- You are comfortable communicating through the written word in an asynchronous and highly autonomous environment
- You work in timezones between GMT-8 and GMT+5
We would consider it a bonus if:
- You have experience working with AWS (or another public cloud) and provisioning architecture components using Terraform or equivalent
- You have professional experience with TDD
- You understand DevOps practices and the thinking behind them
- You have a solid grounding in UX/UI best practices
- You have experience with React and Redux
What else is in it for you?
- Interesting work and complex challenges: Being part of the founding team means this is greenfield work. You’ll decide the future of the tech stack and be fundamental to our success.
- Shared ownership – Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities
- Working with an innovative and rapidly growing startup team
- Flexible working – Work from anywhere in the world. We are as flexible as the work allows
- Start date: Mutually agreed as soon as possible
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.