Moment is the fastest-growing marketplace for creatives. We carry the gear creatives recommend, sell video lessons from the pros, and run photo trips around the world. More than just an online store we also sell products through third-party marketplaces from Amazon to iTunes.
We’re looking for a Jr Accountant who can focus on AP / Inventory management. Beyond the traditional management of payments, we’re looking for someone who can ensure that inventory purchasing is on track. This includes working with suppliers to ensure invoicing, delivery, and reconciliation is correct for thousands of inventory sku’s. This role also includes reconciling data in excel, managing payments, running reports, and supporting period ending inventory closes. Plus you get to help the team improve processes and tools so we can scale with growth.
If you are new to accounting, have excel skills, and are passionate about keeping track of inventory…then this role is for you.
U.S. applicants only please. No agencies, we are looking for an in-house, full-time hire.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Reviewing and processing purchase orders.
- Working with retail buyers to ensure proper invoicing and delivery.
- Importing end of week shipments to track receipts to invoices.
- Reconciling PO’s to invoices to receipt of goods for thousands of skus.
- Following up and reconciling payment issues with vendors.
- File and reconcile import duties on a monthly basis.
- File and track shipping invoices on a monthly basis.
- Tracking and managing payables.
- Receiving and managing payment requests.
- Tracking and collecting AR balances.
- Maintaining monthly reporting of AP and AR.
- Assist with monthly reimbursement reconciliation and filings.
- Managing our end of month inventory closes.
You Need These Qualifications
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Studies show that if you meet even 50% of a job’s qualifications you have a high likelihood of being hired.
- Degree in accounting.
- 1+ years reconciling large amounts of data in excel.
- 1+ years experience in accounts payable or receivables.
- Organized, diligent, and a direct communicator.
- Experience with inventory preferred.
- Experience in Xero is a plus.
Compensation and benefits
We keep it simple.
- Equity in the company.
- A competitive salary.
- Medical Insurance or $600 a month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment Gear & discounts on our whole store.
- Annual equipment budget of $500 for your own gear.
- Company off-sites three times per year.
- Unlimited vacation.