We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Account Management department look like?
The Account Management team is one of the four pillars of Client Success at Bench with the goal of bringing additional value and services to our existing clients.
As an Account Manager, you’ll take on value driven conversations with clients, collaborate with internal stakeholders, and support strategic campaigns as a part of our “startup within a startup.” If you’re passionate about problem-solving and making a difference in our client’s lives, you’ve come to the right place!
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Work with clients to understand their needs and educate them on potential solutions we can offer
- Transition clients between service packages that best suit their business’ needs over time
- Be a demonstrable expert on our growing list of services and partners
- Manage an ongoing pipeline of client requests through phone calls, emails, texts, and more
- Navigate objections and work with internal stakeholders to resolve client issues
- Help create email campaigns within SalesLoft to introduce new solutions to clients
- Contribute to designing and improving processes and materials
- Iterate on current processes—improve our existing email templates and cadences, and building out new training materials
- Create new processes—experiment with new workflows and approaches to selling products
- Grow your tech skills by managing your workflow using software tools like SalesForce, SalesLoft, RingCentral, Google Sheets, and the Bench App
- Flex your project management skills and support experiments on one of Bench’s most agile teams
- Help develop new systems and processes, and document changes within our internal knowledge-base, Confluence
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Client-first Mentality – The best reps on our team go the extra mile for our clients and will take the extra time to ensure that our clients’ needs are addressed properly. This means digging deep into their issues and providing clear solutions that will positively impact the client’s experience.
- Resilience – We’re a highly experimental team and we’re looking for team members who are able to experience the highs and lows of being part of a startup within a startup. Not every initiative or campaign is a success, and a willingness to fail is a major piece of how we continue to progress. Reps should always have their end goals in mind and be comfortable working in an environment where targets are challenging.
- Communication – We’re quarterbacking a hefty portion of the client relationship, so clear and concise communication (verbal and written) makes sure we’re effectively passing messages between clients and internal stakeholders.
- Organization – We’re juggling different products, different channels, different workflows, and a portfolio of 100s of clients at a time. The ability to organize your workflow, create efficiencies, and prioritize work allows reps to widen their impact across our clientbase. Multi-tasking and time management leads to strong results on the team!
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Agility – Account Management at Bench is an ever-changing environment and reps need to be able to quickly adapt to new situations, projects, workflows, products and client problems. We often need to quickly implement new process changes so fast learners and people with experience working in fast-paced environments are a major plus!
- Independence/Autonomy – With so many moving parts, there’s little available to micromanage performance. Our best team members are those who are motivated to do great work on their own and provide constant feedback to the rest of the team (both positive and constructive).
- Creative Problem Solving – We’re always dealing with the next problem and we love having creative thinkers who challenge the status quo. Candidates who’ve helped build systems from scratch will have a major impact.
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in Sales or Customer Success (i.e. a client-facing experience)
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Junior Account Managers joining the team will start at a base salary of $41,200. From there, with the Variable Pay, the On Target Earnings (OTE) for the role is $57,200.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.