About Wurl, LLC.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We’re an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We’ve been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU’s and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Junior Data Engineer (Remote):
Wurl is seeking a detail-oriented junior data engineer with strong analytical and communication skills to join and grow with our data analytics team. Wurl collects data from a range of OTT video streaming ecosystem components. We digest it, analyze it, and present it. Join our team and help us with this very interesting data set!
What You’ll Do:
- Owning the integrity of Wurl’s collected data: completeness, correctness, and cleanliness.
- Creating and automating data validation processes and their integrity.
- Creating visualizations using BI and data visualizations tools to support internal and external customers.
- Interfacing with customers to explain usage and data anomalies.
- Interfacing with Engineering on data issues, as they arise and pursuing their recovery.
- Coordinate timely resolution of customer escalated issues.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Data Science.
- Strong SQL and Python skills.
- Knowledge of database design principles.
- Strong communication skills; team player with can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and git source control
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Location: US Remote
A Plus if you have:
- Streaming video delivery experience.
- AWS Cloud experience.
- Knowledge of streaming video formats.
- Understanding of ETL processes.
- BI toolset experience highly desired.
- An interest in learning new things and sharing knowledge.
What We Offer
Competitive Salary & Equity
Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
Remote first policy
Flexible Time Off
12 US Holidays
Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
$1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.