At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by IVP, Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
The People Team is growing as the company scales fast. We need to make decisions based on data. We need to be able to query data, build models, produce ad-hoc analyses, and experiment. That’s where the newly created People Analytics function comes in. Since we will be using data for reporting, for analysing, for predicting and for prescribing, we need it to be readily available, consistent and reliable.
We need a tech partner in the people team, someone with a passion for scripting as well as for anything data. You will be the person bridging the gap between engineering and people from a technical perspective. You will be bringing efficiency to our data access and use and ensuring data is clean. At times, as we change technologies, we might need to migrate data or we will need tools to speak to each other – for that we expect some coding skills to integrate APIs.
- Designing and building database architecture for all people data, ensuring it is consistent with the current systems and technologies used
- Analysing, developing, and debugging data pipelines
- Ensuring quality and timeliness of the data provided
- Interacting and collaborating with other teams (engineering, finance, business ops).
- Developing scripts to leverage APIs from different tools
- Ensuring compliance with GDPR and other personal data regulations. Managing permissions to access data as relevant.
- Background (either educational or experience) as a Data Engineer (1-2 years) working with SQL
- Enthusiasm for data, for designing and building architecture
- Self motivated, can-do attitude, problem solver
- Flexible: can work in a fast-pace, changing environment
Nice to haves
- Some knowledge of the different areas/initiatives within People/HR
- Some experience with Redshift
- Experience integrating APIs
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.