We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a fast-growing company where you can make a tangible impact? Can you not just see trends in data, but also understand how these trends relate to larger goals? Do you find yourself constantly seeking opportunities to learn about business, marketing, and sales? Have you been looking for the opportunity to apply your analytical knowledge to real life challenges? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a Junior Marketing Analyst at Thinkific, you’ll be joining a Data team that impacts the entire company and specifically support the Marketing team as they work to grow brand awareness and drive sales. By providing crucial reports and analysis, you’ll be a key player in the Marketing team’s decision-making process and help them understand how to continue to drive our fast-growing business and reinforce our position as a thought leader in the online course creation space. You will use data, visual analytics, and machine learning techniques to timely uncover marketing opportunities and enhance Thinkific’s growth. As a trusted partner to the Marketing team, you’ll be part of a collaborative group looking to continuously improve and iterate on every campaign and initiatives using your findings.
In this role, you will:
- Assess marketing campaigns and funnel performance, identifying opportunities to iterate and improve on these initiatives in the future
- Act as a partner to the Marketing team—building strong working relationships, coordinating with stakeholders, and understanding their needs
- Support analysis projects from end-to-end, including gathering requirements, identifying data sources, designing and delivering dashboards, and doing ad hoc analyses
- Communicate your findings effectively across different stakeholders—you won’t just pull data or reports, you’ll also provide clear insights to share why this data matters
- Work closely with other Data team members to contribute to data infrastructure improvement
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have at least 1 year of experience in Data, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field—this could be through school, previous internships, or work experience
- Are organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to think critically and analytically
- Demonstrate a strong business acumen and interest in entrepreneurship and business growth
- Have previous experience in accessing, transforming, and analyzing data
- Know how to communicate the results of analysis by building dashboards and reports
- Are a problem solver and have an ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment—you’ll work to find solutions when you don’t know the answer, but also aren’t afraid to ask for help
- Possess proficiency in Excel and a good knowledge of SQL
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have worked on analytics or business development projects relating to sales or marketing
- Are comfortable working with at least one BI tool such as Mode, Tableau, or Looker
- Are knowledgeable in key SaaS metrics—terms like CPA, CAC, and ARPU may already be part of your vocabulary
Bonus points if you:
- Possess a knowledge on applied machine learning in Python or R
- Are comfortable with ETL tools and techniques
- Have at least 1 year of experience working in an analytics role directly at a SaaS, tech, or marketing-focused company—this may have been from internships, co-ops, or research projects
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!