Babylist is looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our Platform team. This team is responsible for ensuring the stability, security, and reliability of our core gift registry and eCommerce platform. You’ll work closely with Customer Support Leads and internal business partners to build tools and automation that make operating the business smoother. You’ll gain experience across the entire technology stack, from native apps to web and backend integrations. This is a great growth opportunity for someone who wants to receive significant mentoring from other Engineers and leads on the team.
- Find joy in debugging and pride in hunting down and squashing bugs.
- Enjoy working with multiple teams and being the go-to person for your teammates when they need support.
- Get excited to empower others by building the tools they need to do their jobs more efficiently.
- You have the confidence to communicate something technical to a non-technical team member. You know how to cut out the jargon and talk to others in the ways they’ll understand best.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We like systems that run well, but when things don’t go as planned we support each other.
- Comfortable with communicating across all levels of the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with team members across different roles and departments, and become the point person for technical requests.
- Track and identify issues affecting both our users and other Babylist employees and build tools and solutions to make people’s lives easier.
- Invest in long term solutions to address frequent requests or issues.
- Communicate new product launches and updates to our Customer Service team, so they can provide better service to our users.
- Support other engineers by writing scripts and building tools to service backend requests and make development easier.
- 1-3+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails