What you will do
- The Strategic Account Manager will define, plan, manage and execute account development strategies, to grow the accounts year on year in excess of overall company growth targets.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals and objectives. Ability to drive business transaction linearity and pipeline development is critical.
- Conduct ongoing team communications, quarterly on-site/virtual reviews and executive briefings
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients’ business priorities, challenges, and initiatives that can be translated into Sonatype solution opportunities. Build value-added relationships within the domain of the account – become the trusted advisor.
- Use knowledge of; technology, products, processes, industry expertise, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on the value of Sonatype’s solutions.
- Develop multi-level relationships across within assigned accounts using available internal and external resources, and where appropriate channel partner resources, to maximize revenues opportunities and establish Sonatype as a strategic, long term partner.
- Develop whitespace analysis and account/opportunity plans supported and influenced by a virtual team to include Sonatype Senior Executives, field sales and sales management, Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Technical Consultants and relevant Channel Partner Managers.
- Drive communication between account team members ensuring all parties are briefed on the objectives for the account and the action & behaviour expected from them
What you will bring to Sonatype
- 10 + years of sales experience in enterprise software sales with a proven track record selling to Fortune 100 companies
- Fluency in the German language – spoken and written
- Software sales experience in the Agile, DevOps and/or Open Source space
- Trained in software sales prospecting and passionate about aggressively hunting for new sales opportunities and lead follow-up in a professional manner
- Ability to build regional territory account plans, develop new partnerships and business relationships that result in new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Must be a team player and comfortable selling software in a rapidly evolving, high growth, dynamic start-up environment
- Extraordinary people skills, persuasive personal presence, and presentation skills
- Hungry for success, consistent record of over achievement
- Experience and understanding of the rapidly developing DevOps and/or Application Security market
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launching Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8