Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Product Management team. At Elastic, we’re committed to providing the best user experience to our customers and open source community. One of the most important and visible portions of the Elastic Stack is our user interface, Kibana. Kibana empowers millions of users to answer hard questions, with large data sets, at scale. To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and have experience and passion building new experiences that will help users visualize their data.
If you are passionate about solving real-world problems, data analysis, and building simple solutions for complex problems we would love to talk to you!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work together with the Kibana product management team, engineering, customers and other internal stakeholders to help users build dashboards, present data, and Geo explorations using dashboards and Maps dedicated applications. You will lead our product direction related to data presentation and maps.
You will capture market competitive and trend data, customer and open source community feedback, usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap at scale.
In Addition You Will:
- Build out net new features to help our users present and interact with their data using Kibana
- Come up with simple concepts and wireframes that will leverage Elasticsearch speed, scale, and relevance to provide ways to query geospatial data using visual interaction
- Work closely with our engineering and design teams to introduce new features.
- Provide competitive insight into a variety of products and markets for both sales enablement and engineering awareness
- Work with support, product marketing, and sales to ensure Kibana Maps, Dashboards and Canvas are properly supported, promoted, and utilized by the community
What You Bring Along:
- Domain expertise in data visualization and familiarity with data visualization tools such as : Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik
- You are able to help connect engineering teams to customers and can articulate the “why” both internally and externally.
- Ability to distill complex concepts into a clear wireframe with an emphasis on user experience
- Experience working cross-functionally across all departments and levels of the organization
- Product Management experience, preferably in data products, data visualization or geospatial products
- You have a broad knowledge of modern applications, querying and retrieving services, design concepts, as well as big data analysis trends and techniques.
- Fairly technical with love and passion for creating scalable services that enable our community and our internal developers to query, render, and take actions on data in Elasticsearch
- Ability to clearly articulate complex product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
- Data driven – the ability to sift through substantial amounts of data and make bias free data driven decisions
- You are able to think end-to-end on all aspects of a use case and clearly define the customer benefit to ensure both tight coordination across all users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re a capable and empathetic leader with strong communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- You are curious about how and why our community and customers utilize and extend the capabilities of the Elastic Stack, specifically Kibana
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $135,900 and $186,900, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.