The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
At Primer, we put our customers first. As a Staff Product Manager for our Knowledge Base, you’ll own our Knowledge Base and Named Entity Linking products. You’ll be responsible for understanding customer needs through data, conversations, and any other means necessary. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Design, and the business. You’ll face problems that require a mix of technical knowledge, creativity, critical thinking, and business acumen.
Primer is an Artificial Intelligence company that organizes and analyzes text-based data sources and generates analyst-grade natural language summaries for a variety of industries. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them ‐‐ whether it is emerging geopolitical events, development of a product line or area of research, or monitoring a portfolio of companies’ financial performances.
Product development at Primer moves rapidly between research, design, engineering, and testing. Product managers keep this process running smoothly, making sure everyone has a shared understanding of the big picture. Product managers manage innovation within the constraints of delivery deadlines and evolving customer needs. They jump between strategic planning, problem-solving facilitation, ideation sessions, deep-dives into scientific literature, and user testing.
- Roadmap: Work with customers, the business, and engineering to set strategy and collect and prioritize requirements.
- Execute: Work with data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and designers to build products that delight our customers.
- Invent: Think widely about potential applications of machine learning and natural language processing techniques, translating the capabilities of these techniques into business value for customers.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of product management, product design or equivalent consultant no experience for a technology company (bonus for experience with enterprise software)
- 3+ years working with Data Scientists or Machine Learning engineers (does not have to be in a product capacity)
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering, or quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical capability with experience in data modeling and analysis
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products and features
- Ability to make things happen around you, and a desire to contribute and learn. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and cross-functional interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Familiarity with machine learning modeling workflows and basics of Data Science: feature selection and engineering, different machine learning model families, optimization considerations for machine learning models, deployment and serving challenges
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms: deep learning, neural nets
- Familiarity with machine learning platforms and knowledge of big data systems
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies: S3, Spark, Elasticsearch or graph databases
What We Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, passionate co-workers who want to deliver the best outcomes
- An honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions as customers
- Learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team virtual offsites like escape rooms and company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office (post covid) in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.