Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for a Lead Animator to support our team in animating an incredible game.
What You’ll Do
- Mentor a small team of animators, setting animation standards and receiving/providing feedback to ensure the highest quality work
- Create prototyping animations and other benchmarking assets
- Produce high quality keyframe animations with a focus on style
- Collaborate with design to define things like expression, timing, and animation styles for core systems from the ground up, iterating on animations from initial blocking to shippable quality
- Collaborate effectively with other art functions, production, design, and engineering teams
- Advocate for and drive improvements to our animation pipeline, helping our team to push the style of our animations forward
- Implement and maintain animations in Unreal Engine
- Identify and advocate for solutions to potential areas of risk
- Support the Art Team in interviewing, hiring, and training new team members
- Partner closely with Principal Technical Animator on workflow pipelines and asset creation
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of game industry animation experience, with 2+ years at the senior level
- Animation portfolio demonstrating process and quality
- Expert in first and third person animation, implementation, and debugging
- Solid stylistic eye for body mechanics and timing of gameplay moments
- Comfortable with industry standard software and engines (Maya and Unreal Engine strongly preferred)
- Excellent ability to give and receive feedback, with a specific emphasis on mentoring more junior animators
- Experience in partnering with outsourcing teams
- A passion for games!
- Experience in the implementation of animation blueprints in Unreal Engine
- Experience in first-person and third-person character animation