Groove is a sales productivity platform that enables revenue leaders to increase dollars per rep across every division of the enterprise. More than 70,000 users at customers including Google, Uber, and Capital One leverage Groove to be more efficient and effective. Learn more: https://groove.co.
We value unconventional candidates and people who are looking for stretch roles; therefore, we encourage people to apply even if their experience does not meet every single qualification.
About the Role:
Are you a Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics expert? Do you have PostgreSQL and RDBMS development experience? Do you want to build, best-in-class, SaaS enterprise business solutions as part of a growing and collaborative engineering team? Do you want a chance to participate and help create the next generation BI and actionable analytics solutions on top of RDBMS, NoSQL and big data storage for salesforce effectiveness? If you answered yes to these questions, you are ready to join Groove. We are now seeking talented, self-motivated and results-oriented BI/Analytics engineers to join our world class software engineering team.
- Architect, design, and implement large scale data management and business analytics solutions at a detailed level by applying industry knowledge, best practices, and architectural guidance to ensure system functionality, performance, and cost efficiencies
- Design, develop, and unit test new enterprise BI and Analytics products using home grown and third party BI/analytics tools to ensure quality and a positive user experience for all delivered solutions
- Design, build, test, implement, and support ETL/Data Integration solutions that meet defined requirements
- Tune and optimize PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases as well as diagnosing and solving performance issues.
- Daily management of goals, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of all development projects
- Provide technical leadership, career development, and mentoring to junior members
- Maintain high morale and motivate engineers to go above and beyond
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in developing project goals and timelines.
- Work with the team on architecture design and detailed technical design for Groove BI and Analytics solutions
- Drive detailed definition of feature requirements through discussions with Product Management
- Work closely with QA to define test plans and test cases for applications.
- Substantial experience with large Data Warehouse environments, ETL processes/programming, and relational and multi-dimensional modeling.
- Successful design, implementation, and deployment of multi-dimensional data model for reporting and analytics
- Working experience with Report designs (preferably Tableau, other tools such as Birst/Cognos/BOBJ/OBIEE are good too), including hands-on experience with complex SQL.
- Working experience with object-oriented design and programming for Web applications (Java, Ruby, XML) and development tools (Git, Perforce, VStudio, Eclipse, TOAD.)
- Experience with BI solution vendors such as Birst, BOBJ, Cognos BI and other modules, including report design and model creation, is required
- Experience with SAS, QlikView or other data visualization and analytical tools is a plus
- Excellent RDBMS engineering skills on SQL Server to include high proficiency with SQL, DDL, stored procedure, and schema design
- Experiences with BI/Analytics on NoSQL or big data systems (Hadoop, S3, RedShift, etc.) a plus
- Experiences with Cloud-based Data Warehousing Platform SnowFlake a plus
- 4+ years of professional BI and Analytics development experience with heavy use of BI tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, BOBJ, or Cognos technologies
- 2+ years project management experience with onshore and offshore engineers a plus
- Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application dialect and dependencies
- 3+ years of professional RDBMS development experience that leveraged complex SQL, DML, DDL, and well designed schemas
- 2+ years of professional web application development experience that required heavy use of Java, Ruby, Python, or related open source web application frameworks
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO for US employees
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, employee premiums covered at 99%!
- Company-paid life insurance
- 100% Remote Workforce
- 12 Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide and team-building retreats & virtual events
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
*Benefits and perks may vary per country*
Our Culture and Core Values
At Groove we have three simple values: Team over Self, Care More and Enjoy the Journey and we take them seriously. Our teams are on a journey of building and growing a leading-edge company that drives huge value for our users. Our environment allows for self-motivated people to wear multiple hats, build processes from scratch, think outside the box and work with a diverse team based around the world. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.