Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Business Technology organization at Elastic acts as a liaison between our IT delivery teams and our business stakeholders. Our mission is to accelerate Elastic’s success as a company by enabling rapid scale by crafting technology solutions that drive standards, automation, and which showcase progress, simple perfection.
As a Lead Business Systems Analyst supporting the field organization, you will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of the business architecture and processes which support our entire sales motion from campaign to opportunity. Using your knowledge of Salesforce and its boundary systems, you will work with business partners, end-users, and their management teams to improve processes, writing requirements and guiding features that deliver simplicity and scale to the teams you support. A successful candidate will be able to work directly, in a hands-on way, with systems and data, and can lead multiple technical priorities at one time. You enjoy having a high degree of responsibility for turning ambiguous problems into solutions that are usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Salesforce platform.
You pride yourself in bringing a strategic lens to agile development and you craft thoughtful technology roadmaps which balance today’s needs versus future scale. This role is for you if you possess a blend of business engagement skills, passion for technology and automation, attention to details, critical thinking, and a strong desire to contribute to solutions that drive business growth. You have excellent communication and project-management skills, and are able to communicate complex concepts, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Bring a design-centered approach to your partnerships with our sales teams, particularly reps, renewal managers, solutions architects, and the strategy, operations, and enablement teams that serve them, along with adjacent teams in marketing, product marketing, and sales development. You optimize our sales stack through ongoing maintenance and new enhancements.
- You document processes, procedures, and design as it relates to sales processes and system architecture. That holistic viewpoint helps us understand functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting.
- You proactively identify and triage where these things could improve and keep us moving forward.
- You have extensive experience in creating/updating system documentation including configuration changes, data mapping requirements, functional designs, test cases and enablement plans as needed for enhancements.
- Validate software quality and conformance to specifications and business requirements through unit-functional testing; and assist in troubleshooting to identify the root cause of defects in the system.
- Work with management, Project Managers and Application Development team to scope work and produce estimates.
- Collaborate closely with architects and other BSA resources to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- You are comfortable in a distributed, diverse environment, and are able to work remotely and independently. You prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others to ensure that work is done in a timely manner, with a sharp eye for quality and scale.
- You like change, and can adapt to the changing priorities of the business. You see yourself as a life-long learner and proactively develop new skills.
- Assist with system configuration and user setup as needed. You may help set up fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, and dashboards.
- 7+ years of experience in Salesforce, especially in Sales Cloud
- 5+ years of of experience in at least three of the following application areas, integrated to Salesforce: forecasting applications, sales productivity tools, sales activity tools, third party research tools, compensation management, lead process management, campaign management, marketing automation, territory management, data quality
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystem
- Experience in developing business process and requirements for integrating Sales Cloud with boundary systems: Marketo (email automation / marketing automation), Chat, Xactly (compensation), and others
- Expert understanding of overall Salesforce ecosystem
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles.
- Understanding of Territory Management, Data Enrichment, Lead Process, Opportunity Management, Sales Productivity, Forecasting, and Sales Compensation.
- Past experience with a Lightning migration / in a LEX-enabled environment
- Past experience with a multi-channel organization with a focus on SaaS and subscription products.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships.
- You have the desire to learn and apply new technologies.
- Understanding of multi-channel offerings, particularly SaaS and subscription products.
- You have good interpersonal skills
- Deep experience and expertise translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact systems
- Passion for exceptional documentation including diagrams, standards, and project papers
- Must be able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.