This is a hands-on data science leadership role with end-to-end ownership of the client-facing data science function. Brightline is an enterprise health tech company and it is vital to provide world-class analytics and reports that demonstrate value to the cient. In many cases these analytics will be the only part of the product that is visible to the client decision-makers. The same analytics is core to the sales conversations that lead to to new clients.
- Supporting the research and publication roadmap owned by the Chief Medical Officer
- Translating all of Brightline’s analytics into compelling sales materials and tools
- Reporting value and sharing data with clients in multiple ways including clinical outcomes, engagement and more.
Skills and behaviors we value:
- Great communication and empathy: being able to quickly agree on the most important work areas and stay in sync with engineers, PMs and others in the company is what enbles Brightline to move quickly. We have a very friendly, high-empathy team where multiple perspectives are valued and we want to keep that great culture going.
- Freedom and responsibility: this role will have a lot of freedom and influence in the work that we do. You will own the end-to-end process of sharing analytics with our enterprise clients.
- Desire to learn and improve: in an early-stage company there will be lots of exciting changes that will require you to learn new things and grow. If that is exciting to you then you will fit right in.
- SQL and Python/R: being able to do advanced/readable SQL queries is important. We will also use Python and/or R for both ad hoc analysis and automated insights and pipelines. This includes SQL transforms (dbt), statistical analysis and visualization.
- Statistics: your background in stats should enable you to avoid common pitfalls and biases and be able to make inferences and decisions in the presence of noise and uncertainty. You have experience with ML/statistical modeling and have learned important lessons about when to use machine learning vs other approaches.
- Health Economics: if you have experience or interest in health econ and claims analysis that is a plus, but not required for the role.
- Leadership: because of the importance of this function, this leadership role has tremendous growth potential as Brightline continues to scale. Both technical and/or team leadership skills and interest are valued in this role.
- You likely have 5+ years of professional experience including enterprise health analytics. If you do not have 5 years of work experience but you have some unusual background that you think prepares you for this role we definitely would love to talk to you and learn more.
- Experience in consumer-focused health tech is very valuable.
- Extensive experience with delivering time-sensitive automated reporting to enterprise clients.
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area and our Data Science leadership is based in the Atlanta metro area. This role is eligible to permanently work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.