Bounteous is looking for a Contract Lead Designer to join our team. The Lead Designer is responsible for leading and contributing to the quality, creativity and delivery of projects. The ideal candidate must be able to establish design direction and take ideas from concept to execution, for campaigns and/or digital experiences (websites, mobile applications, digital marketing, social media assets, email, etc.) for a wide variety of clients across industry verticals.
The Lead Designer ensures work upholds brand identity standards, meets business objectives and user expectations, and integrates usability best practices. This position works closely with Experience Designers, Front- and Back-End Developers, Content Specialists, Project Managers, and clients. Being user and client -focused, the ability to work well independently and confidently lead in a team environment is a must!
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead, present and oversee the creation of design deliverables including, high-fidelity mood boards, comps, digital style guides, prototypes, and experience strategy documentation.
- Produce meticulous, beautiful experiences that take into account business and user objectives, brand guidelines, and channel specifications or requirements (websites, mobile applications, email, etc.)
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, user-centric solutions, and ensure all functionality and design is meeting client and user expectations
- Facilitate discovery activities with limited oversight such as design workshops, brand questionnaire and overviews, digital system/style audits, competitive analysis, etc.
- Prototype complex interactions with high standards of usability in mind
- Juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Contribute to the establishment of experience design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization
- Mentor junior staff to create polished deliverables, improve presentation skills, and guide personal growth
- Serves as a resident expert of digital tools and is skilled in developing digital design concepts. Is well-versed with web technology, usability, and core development tools; understands web design constraints, including a strong understanding of designing for a CMS.
- Contributes to and/or leads our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth of our next generation of experience designers
- Responsible for giving continuous feedback to peers, completing self-review, inputting time consistently, and communicating deadline conflicts
- 6+ years of experience as a creative professional, with a focus on design, user experience, and storytelling. Consulting/Agency experience is a plus.
- Background in responsive and mobile design
- Experience working on platforms like (but not limited to) WordPress, Drupal, Magento, AEM
- In depth knowledge / proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Figma, InVision, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Adobe After Effects or similar motion graphics programs a plus
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design
- Experience designing around data sets and reusable components/patterns
- Understanding of mobile, responsive design, accessibility and Agile methodologies
- Ability to lead engagements and provide a strong voice for design within blended teams
- Excellent listener with a passion for human-centered design
- Is proactive and has efficient time-management skills
- B.S./B.A./B.F.A. in graphic design, digital design, visual communication, or other design-related fields or relevant experience
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.