What you will do
As a Lead Developer Advocate at Timescale🐯, you will build, grow, and lead a diverse and technical team of Developer Advocates who represent our products and time-series data in technical communities around the world. A Developer Advocate is a developer’s best friend. We are engineers with experience building the kinds of systems we advocate for. We are leaders and earnest participants in the developer community who care deeply about inclusion and providing a positive experience for all developers. At Timescale, Developer Advocates are passionate stewards not only for Timescale’s products and services, but also for related communities such as Postgres and Prometheus.
In this role, you will lead a team of Developer Advocates focused on showcasing the value of using TimescaleDB for relational and time-series data applications. TimescaleDB is a relational database for time-series built on top of PostgreSQL, and as such, is applicable to a wide array of problem domains. As a Lead Developer Advocate, you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to identify the most important use-cases to highlight and coach your team of Developer Advocates on building blog posts, videos, samples, and tutorials that explain how TimescaleDB can be used within those problem domains. You will build long-lasting relationships with community leaders around the world. You will speak at conferences around the world and your creativity and enthusiasm will shine🌟 through in everything you do!
Oh, and Timescale is a developer-first company 🦄. There will never be confusion in this role about whether or not we’re a developer company. We are, and we embrace it. You’ll also work in an organization where even the marketing people write code. We love developers and you’ll fit right in if you love developers, too!
This role is remote, and English language fluency is a requirement.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Creating content, videos, and samples from beginner to best practices that demonstrate how to develop and work with Timescale, Postgres, and time-series data.
- Engaging with the community to show how TimescaleDB and time-series data work.
- Securing high-impact speaking opportunities at conferences around the world.
- Securing content placement opportunities on popular developer blogs, sites, and other channels.
- Identifying external advocates and community leaders, and supporting them as they talk about Timescale and time-series data independent of us.
- Synthesizing and summarizing customer feedback, and relaying it effectively to the product team.
- Working closely with our teams and Timescale leadership to quickly refine community efforts.
- Contributing to key OSS projects and building cool, useful libraries and tools for using Timescale and time-series data.
- Using data, experiments, and customer feedback to drive Timescale adoption in the community.
A little bit about you
You’re an experienced Developer Advocate yearning to take the next step in your career. You’re looking for a role that will allow you to grow as an individual and leader! You are passionate and excited about the learning opportunities here at Timescale. You aren’t afraid to speak up and identify problem areas or share your ideas, and you want to be a part of the solution! You’re a kind and empathetic human being and use these qualities to develop your own unique management style. You thrive in a bold startup environment and can balance competing priorities with ease 🙌.
- Have previous experience as a Developer Advocate, Developer Evangelist, or similar external developer-focused role (preferably in a startup environment).
- Have proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media, and blogging required.
- Maintain excellent written communication, presentation creation, and presentation delivery skills.
- Are a self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make developers successful.
- Possess a deep understanding and appreciation for the constant, rapid shift in how and where people consume content and share their experiences.
- Have a true passion for developers and nerd culture 🧐!
- Maintain the belief that organizations and industries are best when they’re diverse and inclusive, and are committed to ensuring everything we do reflects that belief.
- Work well independently and in remote/asynchronous environments.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development & educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)