Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
Disruptive is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to help build our unannounced, original title. This lead position helps to drive a vision, schedule the team, review work for quality, and carry out supervisory responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
- Create props, architecture, and terrain, based on concept art
- Collaborate with the team to design gameplay spaces and work closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all environments
- Work with design teams to prototype and build gameplay-centric exploration levels and help lay out levels from whitebox through final lighting
- Generate environment textures and materials using UE5’s material editor
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and workflows and to tackle technical issues
- Establish pipelines to help meet art guidelines
- Work with outsource studios to integrate environment art
- Ensure assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact optimization may have on artistic integrity
- Carry out disciplined planning, assigning, and directing of work
- Other duties can include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising the performance of employees, and solving problems or concerns within or between departments
What You’ll Bring
- Experience leading and managing an environmental art team
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as an Environment Artist
- 5+ years of game development experience as a hardworking, self-motivated team player
- Shipped at least one PC or console game
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback and artistic critique
- Experience creating environments using modular systems and organizing them efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and a passion for leading a team of artists to make excellent game environments together
- Experience optimizing environment art for a 30+ frame rate
- An avid gamer with a strong interest in pushing the industry forward, both technically and creatively
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or from a prestigious university
- Expert understanding of Photoshop, Maya, Max, Mudbox, and ZBrush (or equivalent)
- Experience in another game development discipline ie: illustration, level/character art, programming, animation, etc.
- Development experience on Switch, PlayStation, and/or Xbox
- Experience as a team or group lead in another area and/or strong leadership, mentoring abilities, and interpersonal skills
*Please include a link to your portfolio in the ‘Cover Letter’ portion of your application.
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.