Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We’re looking for a Lead Web Engineer who can help guide the technical direction of our web application platform, and lead a team of 3-6 software engineers that is responsible for building and maintaining our flagship investor-facing web application. On the Fundrise web team, we are building and delivering critical product priorities that drive the availability and democratization of investment options for a rapidly scaling investor base. As a lead engineer, you will work with other engineering leads to drive the overall quality and integrity of our engineering practices and play an important role in ensuring a strong and empowering inclusive culture.
- Manage a team of 3-6 engineers, keeping them engaged, motivated and growing
- Managing individual and team performance, including holding weekly one-on-ones, providing coaching and guidance, and conducting regular performance reviews
- Work with product and design teams to identify opportunities, scope and design solutions, and lead the implementation of those solutions
- Work with business stakeholders to identify opportunities, scope and design solutions, and lead the implementation of those solutions
- Take full ownership of the performance testing, third party software configuration, and production monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience leading cross-team technical efforts
- 1 year of experience directly managing people
- 2 years in front-end web application development (Vue/TypeScript preferred)
- 6 years of web development experience
- Solid understanding of ES6 and TypeScript
- Led or contributed to framework migrations, and have a sound understanding of how to safely and quickly transition technologies
- Experience working with some AWS offerings such as EC2, CDK, CloudFront, S3, SQS, SNS, SES, and Lambda
- Experience working with Vue
- Basic understanding of server side technologies such as Spring
- Demonstrated interest in security, and know how to implement secure code best practices according to OWASP guidelines
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave