Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
This Lead Modeler position helps to drive a vision, schedule the team, review work for quality, and lead our modeling efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the team to model high-quality assets, working closely with the Art Director to maintain technical and aesthetical coherence, establish processes and best practices, and keep quality and style consistent across all assets
- Create props, architecture, and terrain based on concept art, while setting the standard for the 3D modeling team
- Generate models and materials using UE5’s material editor as you create and debug assets with consistent technical standards
- Learn new tools and workflows to tackle technical issues
- Establish pipelines to help meet art guidelines, working with multiple disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to improve assets
- Work with outsource studios to critique and approve models and other assets
- Ensure assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact optimization may have on artistic integrity
- Carry out disciplined planning, assigning, and directing of work.
- Support the Art Team in interviewing, hiring, and training new team members
What You Bring
- Experience leading and managing a modeling team
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a 3d modeler
- 5+ of gaming industry experience with industry 3D packages, with of 1-2 years of Lead level experience
- Shipped at least one PC or console game
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback and artistic critique
- Experience creating models and organizing them efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and a passion for leading a team of artists to make excellent models together
- Experience optimizing models for a 30+ frame rate.
- An avid gamer with a strong interest in pushing the industry forward, both technically and creatively.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Expert understanding of Photoshop, Maya, Max, ZBrush, and Unreal (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of Art production on AAA games (PBR, Shader and optimization)
- Experience in another game development discipline ie: illustration, level/character art, programming, animation, etc.
- Development experience on Switch, PlayStation, and/or Xbox
- Experience as a team or group lead in another area and/or strong leadership, mentoring abilities, and interpersonal skills
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.