As a Lead Software Engineer you will be joining our End User Experience Team, that works on developing anything that is end-user facing: for Riders that means mobility services made accessible to everyone while for Drivers that means empowering them to deliver the mobility service.
This team does full stack work across all end-user-facing components of our products, including our driver and rider mobile apps, and our web platform for riders, using Continuous integration (CI) principles. In this team you will deploy mobile and web-based applications, as well as support the Launch team with API integrations.
As a Lead Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for technically leading the team and also coding! Part of your responsibilities will include building more complex products and features, as well as empowering your teammates to do the same, sharing what you know with them!
Our HQ is Vancouver, BC, but this position is open to remote work options across Canada.
✨What you’ll do ✨
– Help expand our product offering to include key features our customers really want
– Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using different languages, frameworks and tools, including React, React Native, and TypeScript
– Build, test and deploy apps using our CI infrastructure, enabling us to frequently roll out app updates to our customers and new geographies
– Be a technical leader on the team by demonstrating an unrelenting focus on quality, speed, and overall excellence
Increase code quality, decrease time to market for roadmapped features, new feature ideas and execution, and contributions to key features and products. Help us iterate and improve upon current engineering processes and support the team in doing the same
– Test your own code and ensure your team uses best practises regarding testing
– Work in agile, iterative development, with a team striving for the best results
– Help us iterate and improve upon current engineering processes
– Lead projects and mentor junior engineers to write the best code possible
– Innovate with us!
✨Who you are ✨
– You have strong experience using React/React Native for mobile app development
– You have experience in some or all of: Node.JS, TypeScript, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL databases, Native iOS & Android development, CircleCI and Fastlane
– You have a passion for maintaining the integrity of the software architectural design and have a natural ability to identify scalable solutions to technical problems
– You consider yourself a well-rounded/Full-stack Engineer because you feel comfortable working on both back-end and front-end problems
– You have a Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
– You have experience working in large, highly-structured organizations, as well as scrappy start-ups, which has given you the ability to bring strong processes and efficiencies to different organizations
– You strive for both beauty and functionality in products that you design
– If you have previous experience as a technical leader that will be considered a bonus
✨What we’re doing @ Spare ✨
Spare is a SaaS platform that enables anyone to launch a smart transportation service. Our mission is to empower cities to transform how their communities move with accessible, sustainable transportation networks, starting with on-demand transit!
We believe in creating a space for everyone to share their ideas, empowering creativity and continuous learning. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in shaping the upcoming chapters and Spare’s direction. You will be able to influence your career progression and generate a lasting impact by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
Not a mobility geek? Take a moment to think about why you chose to live where you do, how easy it is for you to move around, and what makes a city livable. Mobility is paramount in every aspect of our lives, but not everyone has equal and easy access to public transit. Let’s change it together!
✨About Our Team ✨
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed.
✨What we offer ✨
A passionate, dedicated team, focused on innovation and building a world-class platform.
The opportunity to make an impact on communities around the world. Add an aspect of social good into your day!
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and paramedical coverage, as well as an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family (equivalent to 12 hours of counselling annually, as well as financial and caregiver support).
Health, wellness and education support through our $500 Lifestyle Spending policy. Take a course or buy a kayak – it’s on us!
Completely remote-optional work environment and beautiful downtown Vancouver office space if/when you prefer to be in the office.
An inclusive environment, where we focus every day on our people and the people in communities around us.
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.