Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
Please Note: Los Angeles or Pacific time zone candidates only.
About the role and your impact
As the Lead UX Researcher at Community, you will develop understanding and empathy of our users, and uncover latent user needs for cross-functional teams including design, product, marketing, and engineering. Your efforts will focus on exploring user behaviors and motivations through a variety of methods such as surveys, usability studies, and analysis. You’ll inspire innovation and change at all stages of the product and your insights will enable us to consistently deliver experiences that our customers love, because we deeply understand them and their needs. As the first dedicated UX Researcher, you’ll not only make a big impact on the product, but you’ll help establish the processes that shape your work and growth.
You will be a key member of the Product Design team and report directly to Community’s Head of Design. You will be part of a small team of designers who care deeply about details and truly enjoy working together. If you are curious, insightful, and enjoy untangling complexity with a collaborative team, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Identify and prioritize research that will have the highest impact on Community’s business and customers.
- Use a range of qualitative research methods, including, but not limited to: survey design, semi-structured interviews, ethnography, observation, concept evaluation, card sorts, usability testing, participatory design, etc. (Added bonus if you have familiarity/experience using research platforms like UserTesting.com, SurveyMonkey, dScout, or Lookback.)
- Review, analyze, and communicate mixed methods data to generate tactical and strategic insights as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users.
- Aggregate analyze and prioritize feedback from cross functional groups including customer support, customer success, sales, and partnerships.
- Document, organize, present and track insights gathered through testing and research.
- Synthesize and communicate research results to various audiences at Community to help magnify the impact of findings.
- Share tools and best practices to empower others at Community to conduct their own research and make customer-centric decisions.
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years experience in user experience research in a fast-paced product environment.
- Experience conducting and leading research- ideally in a B2B SaaS company.
- Experience improving and scaling research practices across an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to drive business and product decisions based on research.
- Independent thinking and the ability to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills; can easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business and design.
- Clear, concise and engaging communication skills and ability to be a persuasive storyteller.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.