Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce building a better cloud platform to create, manage and responsibly scale web applications.
A collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
Our design team is looking for a Web Design Lead to own and maintain the design of our marketing site and web design system. You are passionate about clean + cohesive design, numbers, interactions, understanding our audience and want to use design to reach them. You will be a partner to marketing, helping realize our web strategy through our brand and digital presence.
This role reports to our Brand Design Director.
The ideal candidate can be flexible in hours but available 8am -2pm CST in the Americas or 3pm – 6pm CET if in EMEA regions.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Works closely with marketing to align and execute the web strategy and assess how things are performing. Makes adjustments based on shared research
- Own the end-to-end designs for marketing experiences, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution
- Maintains and strengthens our web design system and digital design practices
- Be an active member of the team. Offer critique and be open to constructive feedback while knowing how to defend the brand over personal taste
- Balance your schedule, and clearly communicate on project status and your bandwidth. Be able to raise a hand if you need clarification
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the business need and translate goals into effective designs
- Produce sketches, wireframes, prototypes to present a concept to stakeholders and gather feedback to improve your designs
- Actively mentor fellow designers, helping them grow their skills and design toolkit
- Identify, advocate for, and own design-driven projects and initiatives that have cross-team impact
What you bring
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees as well as high emotional intelligence, ability to handle constructive criticism and competing ideas
- A passion for information architecture and the user experience of marketing sites and materials. The ability to let the data drive decisions
- 4+ years of experience in web design and mentorship or management of web teams experience
- Knowledge of front-end development. An ability to direct workloads for front-ends and check their work while clearly communicating design needs
Nice to have
- Experience marketing a technical product
- Experience working with a fully-remote, global team
What we bring as a team
- Daily check-ins with the team to chat and get feedback
- Compassion and support. We never leave anyone behind and will always do our best to help out
- Room to grow, speak up and make an impact. We won’t put you in a corner or stifle growth
- An open, diverse, and progressive environment that cares. No ‘splaining or outdated office behavior allowed
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
*To maximize team collaboration with product, design and engineering teams, this role is preferred in the Americas and Europe/Africa in time zones ranging from UTC-8 to UTC+2.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares.
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity.
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications.
- Wellness stipend of US$300 a year
- Professional development budget of US$800.
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages.
- Office budget of US$3,000 at hire (a computer is mandatory, but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a Wi-Fi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees and a Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs.
- A company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of.
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic).
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards.
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent).
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR staff only).
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only).
- Extra compensation for on-call ops and support staff.
- Company shares (discretionary).
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts.
- 6 months of individual coaching for all new managers.
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we’ve outlined. If you can see yourself elevating the team, we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1 – 4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director-level roles and above.
You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers during the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
Platform.sh is a unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform to build, run, and scale fleets of websites and applications. We are trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to help create innovative digital experiences.