TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 200+ people is growing fast. We’re seeking a Learning Specialist to help develop our new hire employees and support partners. In this role, you will serve as a training point of contact, working closely with our existing team to create and improve training content. You will guide and educate new hires and partners on support best practices, help them navigate resources, and learn how to deliver exceptional customer support.
A day in the life
- Facilitate live instructor-led training in a virtual classroom environment
- Oversee onboarding of new employees and support partners by setting the right starting conditions to ensure self-sufficiency
- Guide employees through the onboarding curriculum, removing roadblocks and reinforcing learning objectives
- Collaborate with the training team and SMEs to develop and refresh onboarding content, workflows, and processes and create engaging training materials such as interactive LMS modules, syllabus, checklists, quizzes, etc
- Complete periodic quality checks on the overall program and complete a training needs analysis (TNA) with stakeholders as needed
- Support new employees through their nesting phase and provide feedback on ticket drafts, nurturing them to independence
- Evaluate and compile progress reports and give feedback to coaches/ managers
- Manage and create onboarding content within the LMS and assign courses and learning paths
- Help develop a comprehensive testing process (knowledge checks, quizzes, final exam)
- Update knowledge and content across multiple sources upon discovery of documentation/information gaps
- Close feedback loops with stakeholders on workflow and process opportunities identified in onboarding
- Leverage data to evaluate the effectiveness of training and continually optimize the onboarding program
- Perform other related duties as assigned
You’ll be a great add to the team if you have….
- Patience: Onboarding can overwhelm new team members, and folks will often feel nervous to ask for help. You assure that all of their questions matter, and just as their role is to support our customers, your role is to support our onboarding team members
- Organization: You know where our support resources are located and can point folks to the piece of information or documentation that will help them move forward in resolving a ticket
- Prioritization: You know what needs to be accomplished now, what can wait, and what requires multitasking
- Teachability: You learn from every team member you onboard, gather feedback on what’s working and what’s not, then refine and iterate to make the process smoother for the next person (as well as yourself!) You will also need current experience or possess a willingness to learn content creation within an LMS and other training tools
- Attention to detail: You give our newbie team members the ok to communicate directly with customers and give feedback to help them see the points they missed to help them become independent as quickly as possible.
- Active listening: You listen to our customers and teach our new team members how to do the same. You’ll also need to be attentive to feedback from our new team members.
- Creativity: Just because we’ve done ___ like ___ doesn’t mean it should stay that way. You boldly reimagine ways to improve the onboarding experience for new team members
- Autonomy: When you see something that needs attention, you take ownership of fixing it. You’ll be accountable to your coach, but you’ll have the autonomy to put feedback from team members into action by testing and iterating on new ideas
- Communication: You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in a remote environment and display a willingness to chat, hop on video calls, or whatever it takes to get the job done
- Time Management: You know how to organize your day, plan for your classes, and prioritize your work
- Comfortable or willing to learn to design content in an LMS and other tools used for instructional design and live trainings
- Excellent communication in a remote environment
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
It will be a bonus if you bring…
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience with creating, designing and managing educational programs
- Ability to analyze data sets to understand program effectiveness
- Documentation and content background
You’ll love TaxJar if you….
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.