Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Reporting to our Legal Team Lead as a member of our Compliance team, you’ll handle and manage internal and external-facing customer communications and lead and participate in compliance projects addressing topics spanning different legal areas.
You’ll be part of a team that focuses ruthlessly on being a business enabler and ensuring that Hotjar’s customers can use our software in compliance with the applicable regulations.
Working alongside other compliance team members and external counsels, you’ll draft, review, advise and update legal correspondence, external and internal documentation, customer correspondence, and more to enable us to reach our vision.
- Provide legal support and manage Hotjar’s contractual compliance commitments for Hotjar customers and internal team members.
- Facilitate the review of legal documents (incoming contracts, NDAs, Data Processing Agreements, addendums, and vendor and partner agreements, etc.).
- Review, and where necessary, negotiate the terms and conditions in contracts and legal documents for tools and vendors we engage with, analyze and assess their risk.
- Manage and participate in compliance-related projects including:
- Data protection regulations
- Product development
- Financial regulations
- Labor and fair wage
- Audit Schedules (financial, security, contractual, etc.)
- Be an internal advocate on data protection and assist the Company’s Data Protection Officer where required.
- A European law degree.
- Must demonstrate a customer-centric approach putting customers at the center of everything you do in alignment with our Core Values.
- Experience with Data Protection Legislation.
- Experience with standard contractual or business agreements for a European company.
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills and experience in leading and successfully delivering legal projects.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
The compensation range for this role is €75,000 to €100,000 annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €80,000 to €95,000. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of vacation. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.