At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate would have substantial experience in both law firm and in-house roles including working for a Software as a Service (SaaS) organization. This is a hands-on role that requires both a legal and business mind, often juggling multiple projects at once! Individuals who can solely function as attorneys will not be successful candidates.
We are looking for someone who is resourceful, action-oriented, and tech-savvy! This position will rely heavily on your ability to adeptly manage multiple, competing priorities and problem solve in a fast-paced environment. You are organized, work effectively across all levels, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice, and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals.
What You Will Do:
- Act as a trusted and strategic partner to Vercel’s global go-to-market and procurement teams, providing business savvy advice across on contracts, transactions and initiatives.
- Handle a wide range of commercial agreements including drafting, negotiating, and reviewing enterprise SaaS subscription agreements, strategic partnership agreements, online terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements, procurement contracts and other agreements as needed.
- Develop templates, playbooks, and related contracting tools to improve efficiency and maturity of Vercel’s contracting functions..
- Collaborate with Vercel’s Operations teams on procurement, compliance and controls, helping the company scale and mature responsibly.
- Manage outside counsel and specialists, always seeking to find the best balance regarding cost and expertise and associated risks.
- Help scope, design, gain collaborator support for, and implement legal operations policies and processes with a heavy focus on deploying and leveraging technology.
- Report to the General Counsel.
- You have experience with B2B / Enterprise SaaS products
- Your communication is clear, both written and verbal, and you have the ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of internal and external audiences
- You are able to strike and clearly communicate a balanced view of risk
- You have financial acumen and are well-versed in how businesses operate
- Flexibility and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is required, you can manage multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing responsibilities and various deadlines
- You possess a high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- A minimum of 6 years of experience
- Admitted to, and in good standing at a US State Bar
Bonus If You:
- Have a combination of experience with law firms and in-house roles
- Experience at a venture-backed company
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Carta, Contract management system, Salesforce, Zoom, Google Drive, Slack
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.