Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We’re looking for a Lifecycle Marketer with a deep understanding of email and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) channels to improve the experience of new and current Outschool educators, also known as the Supply side at Outschool. This includes driving sign-up to approval, educating them on how to succeed on Outschool through onboarding journey and email engagements, and providing platform updates.
This role will be cross-functional, collaborating with other members in Marketing, Product, Design, and Analytics. You will work with the Supply team directly and be the CRM expert to manage Supply-side email campaign strategies and operations. This is our first dedicated email hire supporting Outschool educators, and you will have the opportunity to define or improve the collaboration process, launch new campaigns in the interest of Educators and optimize overall email performance.
- Lead email and lifecycle marketing campaigns that drive educator activation (top of funnel) and retention (bottom of funnel); your immediate focus will be retention-driven with scope expansion over time
- Analyze large amounts of data, identifying trends and cohorts to personalize email marketing campaigns across the funnel
- Partner with cross-functional team members (e.g., Marketing, Product, Design, Analytics), and manage external content creators to develop lifecycle communications
- Provide insights and recommendations, and level up the broader teams’ lifecycle marketing capabilities
- Develop and share ongoing email performance reports
- Advocate for the educator experience in conjunction with business goal orientation
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 7+ years of Marketing experience
- 3+ years of strategic and hands-on experience developing lifecycle and multi-channel marketing programs (email, in-app, push, etc.), segmentation and automation
- 2+ years of experience working directly in an enterprise email service provider, preferably in Iterable
- 1+ years of experience developing and executing A/B tests to drive conversion lift
- Vision of how to leverage data and insights from campaigns, product, and supplier intent, to build out a lifecycle marketing playbook
- Ability to toggle between long term view to strategize/plan and the deep weeds to execute
- Understanding of the drivers of successful lifecycle marketing and email marketing
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams (e.g., Product, Marketing) to drive high priority business goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication and can think creatively to solve problems
- Supply-side marketplace experience
- You enjoy and appreciate the creative aspects of marketing, such as brand building and visual design
- You have experience building new tools, systems, and processes within a quickly growing organization
- You have a high technical competency for the implementation of Email Service Provider (ESPs) and related software (e.g. Litmus, Sendgrid, Segment, Looker)
- You have experience with testing new CRM channels (e.g. SMS)
- You know how to support and develop others and enjoy the process of leading initiatives
- You have strong attention to detail
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.