Eventbrite’s Legal Team is looking for a talented Paralegal to join our team. As the Company’s only Paralegal, you’ll be at the center of the action of Eventbrite’s dynamic Legal Team. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities and ownership of projects, working alongside in-house and outside counsel to support litigation. You will also help develop tools and improve processes to increase efficiency. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team, shape its identity and culture, and work on cutting-edge issues in a fast-paced, team-first environment. As we expand, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate and important impact.
The Eventbrite Legal team works across our international organization and partners with all functions to develop strategies and solutions that satisfy legal requirements and drive business growth. We’re a close knit team. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We set high expectations for ourselves and support each other in providing top-notch partnership to our colleagues.
Eventbrite is seeking a collaborative and detail-oriented Paralegal to the Legal Department. While reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Litigation & Employment, you will work closely with every member of the Legal Team.
- Provide litigation support as needed, including managing responses to discovery under supervision of attorneys
- Coordinate with outside counsel on specific assignments, review preliminary advice, and provide internal recommendations
- Assist in-house counsel in issuing non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements and other legal documents, as well as managing legal hold processes, assisting with subpoena production, and responding to law enforcement requests
- Support pre-litigation client dispute resolution, including drafting client communications
- Help the legal team create and implement tools and processes, including data preservation, collection, review, and production procedures
- Manage projects effectively, with a team-oriented approach and strong project management skills
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including finance, tax, stock admin, accounting, people operations, and compliance to manage initiatives
- Collaborate on implementing and identifying areas for streamlining and increasing efficiency within the Legal Team
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 3 years experience as a paralegal in a law firm or a corporate legal department
- Experience with eDiscovery, document review platforms, and electronic document handling
- Experience handling civil third-party subpoenasAbility to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, and respect for confidentiality
- Precision/detail-oriented with strong analytical skillsSolid customer service focus and flexibility
- Sound judgment with ability to balance legal risk and business impact in a fast-paced environment
- Trustworthy, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.