About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Machine Learning Data Engineer (Remote – US)
Wurl is seeking a Machine Learning Data engineer which will define the technical vision and solutions from the ground up for our ML platform. Wurl collects data from a range of OTT video streaming ecosystem components. We digest it, analyze it, and build a wide range of ML pipelines to support our products. The ML Data engineer reports to the director of ML engineering and interacts with Product, Solution Architects and various other functions across the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Own and drive highly impactful greenfield data services powering new product initiatives which leverage the rich data that Wurl collects directly as well as from partners and providers
- Architect, implement and deliver innovative features that scale with Wurl’s media network and beyond
- Work alongside machine learning engineers for building observable, repeatable, and scalable ML data pipelines
- Lead, mentor and coach data engineering best practices to multidisciplinary users
- Collaborate with project managers, product managers, solutions architects, other engineering teams and support for productization of new software services and features
- Champion innovation, take ownership and lead cross functional collaboration as projects demand
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree
- 4+ years of complete software lifecycle experience
- Demonstrable fluency in SQL & Python
- Experience tuning, debugging and deploying serverful distributed systems
- Both at the application and (linux) host level
- Experience deploying, operating and tuning PySpark and Spark SQL
- Experience designing and securing distributed data pipelines
- Experience deploying and utilizing AWS cloud services
- Comfortable working in agile environments with an ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Evangelizing good software development practices and leading from the front
- Master at designing data for both maintainability and efficiency and communicating tradeoffs
- Strong communicator and a leader. Team player, product owner and committed to the results.
A Plus if You Have
- Experience architecting and operating object store backed database systems
- Understanding the infrastructure of
- Advertising Infrastructure
- Streaming video delivery
- Understanding of ETL processes
- BI toolset experience highly desired
- Experience with the Databricks platform
- Understand machine learning functionality
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this [CA based or North America based] position is $121,000 – $196,000. Base compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.