Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive — and rapidly growing. Your daily work here will cause millions of people to spark new and meaningful connections. Our small, dedicated engineering team has one of the highest ratios of users to engineers in the industry, which makes every member of the team critical to our success. You’ll have a unique opportunity to join a company with a global footprint while working on a team that’s small enough for you to feel the impact each day.
The team’s mission is to monetize Tinder’s global user base through subscriptions and premium features. Tinder has extensive, diverse users, and various revenue products to offer. Our team uses data driven approaches to understand user preferences, generate business insights, and shape the revenue roadmap. Our projects cover conversion prediction, churn prediction, LTV prediction, and pricing optimization. You will explore a vast amount of data and derive knowledge to improve monetization. If you are a problem-solver who can transform large amounts of data into optimized subscriptions and premium features, we want to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Work on problems with a focus on subscriptions and premium features
- Collaborate with key partners to explore opportunities to develop data driven solutions by developing and utilizing statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
- Translate ambiguous statements into structured problem statements and testable hypotheses
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and business partners to take an opportunity or problem from concept to scaled solution
- Design and implement powerful machine learning algorithms in distributed machine learning frameworks such as Spark
You should have:
- 2+ years professional experience in Machine Learning.
- Hands-on experience in designing and building highly scalable distributed ML models
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
Bonus points if you have:
- PhD or MS in machine learning, computer science, physics, statistics or other highly quantitative fields
- Experience with causal inference and uplift modeling
- Proficiency in Spark, Scala, and Hadoop.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Targeting systems, recommendation systems, ranking systems or similar
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.